MTN Ghana has appointed Shaibu Haruna as Chief Sales and Distribution Officer responsible for providing strategic direction for MTN’s Sales Strategy, Operating Model, Channels distribution, and digital sales infrastructure.
He will also support MTN accelerate growth and digitalization in accordance with the company’s Ambition 2025.
Shaibu is a visionary and results-oriented executive with proven commercial experience in a career spanning over two decades in multinational businesses across Africa and the Middle-East.
He successfully executed channel/business turnaround strategies in the Telecoms, Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), Automobile and Financial Services businesses in diverse markets.
He was a co-founder and a board member of several businesses in e-commerce, telecoms, education, agrobusiness and hospitality.
Commenting on the appointment of Shaibu Haruna, the Chief Executive Officer of MTN Ghana, Selorm Adadevoh, said, “I am excited to welcome Shaibu back to the Y’ello family, and I am confident his expertise gained over the years will further enhance the MTN Brand as we work towards building the largest and most valuable platform business with a clear focus on Africa.
Shaibu has worked with reputable organizations throughout his career. He began his career in Sales at Unilever as Acting Sales Executive and later joined Ghana Breweries Limited as Regional Account Manager.
In 2005, Shaibu joined Toyota Ghana Limited as Deputy Head of Sales, where he led the execution of a strategy to grow consumer and SME sales, which led to partnerships with financial institutions. This led to the development of auto loan and leasing products for its target market.
In 2006, Shaibu joined the Y’ello Family, MTN, as Senior Manager for Sales, where he managed indirect sales channels across all markets in Ghana.
He then became a General Manager in 2008, where he led many senior commercial roles in Sales, Mobile Financial Services, Customer Experience and MTN Business in several MTN Operations, including MTN Group, Ghana, Uganda and South Africa.
In November 2015, Shaibu left the shores of Africa to join Etihad Etisalat Mobily in Saudi Arabia as Executive General Manager.
He later joined the largest distributor for MTN Ghana, Izone, as its Chief Executive Officer in April 2017, where he delivered a successful turnaround from a period of flat growth to double-digit growth.
Shaibu is a Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management, United Kingdom and holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Leicester, United Kingdom.
He also holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Ghana Business School and is a recipient of the Holger Enberg prize for the Best Graduating Student in Business Policy (Strategic Management) at the University of Ghana Business School.
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- NPA to seek cabinet support to remove taxes on LPG
- Claims that female babies develop speech faster than males is a myth – Language Therapist
- Consensus key to sustainability of the debt exchange programme – ISSER to government
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Mozambique ex-president’s son, others jailed for 12 years for corruption
- GWCL to cut water supply to parts of Accra
- Philip Afeti Korto: Grey hair, a sign of wisdom or ageing?
- Busy Signal to perform at Stonebwoy’s Bhim Concert in Ghana
- Government plan to cut interest costs gets pushback from local funds
- Vodafone scoops 5 honours at National Communications Awards
- Oxford University partners Ghana Gold Expo to promote CSR
- Stars in Worship 2022: A night of pure worship and gifts
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- Ghana to host 1st Ultimate Entrepreneur Competition