MTN Ghana has donated assorted Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) to the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra as part of its corporate social responsibilities.
The items donated include: nose masks, 20,000 pieces of gloves, Thermometers, face shields and gallons of Methylated Spirit.
Presenting the items to the Hospital, the Senior Manager of MTN Ghana Foundation, Robert Kuzoe said the donation is a complement government effort in fighting the global pandemic.
He revealed that, as at the end of December 2020, the cumulative value of MTN Ghana’s efforts to fighting COVID-19 was GH¢139 million,” he disclosed.
Mr. Kuzoe underscored the need for adequate protection for health workers for the critical services they provide at the peril of their lives.
“MTN also launched the “Wear it for Me” campaign to raise awareness about the importance of wearing face masks and also donated about over 85k KN 95 face masks to over 30 hospitals in all 16 regions,” he added.
The Chief Executive Officer of Korle- Bu Teaching Hospital, Dr. Opoku Ware Ampomah, who received the items applauded MTN Ghana for the timely donation.
he said safety of frontline health workers is very critical in Ghana’s fight to curb the spread of COVID-19.
Dr. Opoku Ware Ampomah called on Ghanaians to continue to observe all the COVID-19 safety protocols as they work to reduce the number of active cases.
- NPP MP files urgent question over cost of Mahama’s chartered flights from 2013 to 2016
- ‘That is nonsense’ – Tsatsu Tsikata on burning of excavators
- Chilling details of how suspects killed 12-year-old boy in Nornyikpo for rituals
- Housemistress allegedly injures student through caning
- GPGC judgment debt: I’ve nothing to hide – Kwabena Donkor to Godfred Dame
- Euro 2020: Joy Prime and Adom TV confirm live schedule
- 9 arrested for causing nuisance to motorists at traffic intersections
- Appointment of Receiver of defunct uniBank breach of SDI Act – Court rules
- Police gun down notorious robber who tried to escape from custody
- $170m Judgment Debt: How Parliament’s Committee warned termination of GPGC deal will attract sanctions
Message from the Morning Man: Why do you do it?
Nitiwul dismisses reports of ‘protocol’ enlistments into Ghana Armed Forces
Kofi Nsiah Bonsu: H Kwasi Prempeh was totally wrong; there was no default judgment
Kumasi floods destroy wares at Kejetia market
Farms, water sources destroyed by illegal sand winning at Odumakyi in Ashanti Region
Amnesty International opposes attempts to pass law criminalising LGBTQ+
Third batch of tourists arrive for Beyond The Return initiative
Government erred in judgment to terminate GPGC Power Purchase Agreement – Energy & Associates Ghana
Court sentences herdsman to 4 years in prison, 3 others on the run for kidnapping
2021 Population and Housing Census: What to expect during enumeration
Don’t demand money to avail yourself for 2021 census – Statistical Service in Northern Region urges residents
GPGC judgment debt: A-G’s decision for CID probe doesn’t intimidate me – Kwabena Donkor
All frontline health workers have been paid their allowances – GHS
Kennedy Kankam did no wrong – Ashanti Regional Minister
Dr. Hilla Limann Technical University cries for hostels