The winner of the 2012 edition of Ghana’s Most Beautiful (GMB), Emefa Akosua Adeti, has recounted how her joy was short-lived after the pageant.
According to her, the man who had supported her throughout the contest took all the property he acquired for her after she turned down his marriage proposal.
Sharing her success story on Adom TV’s M’ashaeye3 show, she said prior to the contest, she was struggling financially and had no money to buy her forms.
Ms Adeti revealed that although she had a passion for the pageant, it was her friend who helped her.
“I had this friend called Happy who also wanted to represent the Greater Accra Region that year so she bought the forms for herself and me.”
“Unfortunately, her dream was cut short as she was not picked when we went for the auditions and my mum even asked me to bow out of the race,” she told host Afia Amankwa Tamkaloe.
However, she indicated in the course of the journey, the man whose proposal she rejected had committed so much to make her emerge the winner.
“He contributed a lot in terms of voting and other support as he gave me all I had but within a split of a second, he took everything he gave to me and that was the most difficult time of my life,” she added.
Speaking on why she turned down the proposal, Emefa Adeti noted that she was 23 at that time and marriage was not her priority.
The co-host of Joy Prime’s Prime Morning added that the man was a lot older and had a wife already.
However, losing her sponsorship did not deter her, Emefa said, stating that it made her stronger and shaped her to become the woman she is now.
- Special Prosecutor secures court order to arrest Charles Bissue
- Charles Bissue will not turn himself in despite court order for his arrest – Lawyer
- Saglemi: Former Housing Ministry Chief Director wheeled to court to face 43 criminal charges
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ken Ansah wins CEO of the Year again but transfers praise to his talented team
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- Contact NCA if you are without Ghana Card and your SIM has been deactivated – Ursula
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Burkina Faso offers bounty for 20 ‘wanted terrorists’
- Boy, 14, hired to animate Spider-Man film
- OSP’s invite should extend to current IMCIM members – Dr Ken Ashigbey
- I wish Ghana could be like Germany – Prof Frimpong-Boateng on Green Ghana project
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Adane Best, Epoxide, others for Ghana Day Festival in Switzerland
- Namibia bans export of unprocessed critical minerals
- Green Ghana Day: Continue nurturing trees for them to reach maturity – Lands Minister urges
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Man arrested after attacking pastor in church over ‘fake prophecy’
- BET Awards 2023 nominations announced; Drake takes the lead with 7 nods
- Ghana may find it difficult to get debt relief of $10.5bn – Theo Acheampong
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- External debt suspension helped current account balance into surplus
- Camidoh releases ‘LITA’ mixtape