Running mate of NDC flagbearer, Professor Naana Jane Opoku-Agyemang, says government under NDC will ensure even distribution of resources in all parts of the country.
She said this during a courtesy call on the Chief and elders of Nyinahini to seek their support in the party’s quest for victory ahead of the 2020 Presidential and Parliamentary elections.
“Equal development boils down to hard work, and as we all know, the NDC does not fear hard work.
“But we will need your blessings and advice to be able to ensure orderliness. We will need your assistance to be able to get things done,” she said.
The community chief, Nana Amanpene Boateng Twum III on his part advised her to make peace her priority as she communicates her party’s vision and plans for the Ghanaian people.
The visit to Nyinahini on Thursday, kick-starts the NDC running mate’s six-day campaign tour of the Ashanti Region ahead of the December 7, polls.
It also follows General Secretary of the NDC, Asiedu Nketia’s just-ended tour of the Region.
Prof. Naana Opoku-Agyemang is expected to visit 20 constituencies across the region, where she will present concrete solutions to their challenges as articulated in the NDC People’s Manifesto.
The Running Mate’s team includes the Deputy Campaign Manager for Election 2020, Alex Segbefia, Former Deputy Education Minister, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, Deputy Women’s Organiser, Maame Efua Houadjeto, and a former Deputy Western Region Minister, Emelia Arthur.
Others are former Deputy Upper West Regional Minister, Abu Kansangabata, former MCE for Bawku, Musah Abdulai, and a former CEO of the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre and now spokesperson and Head of Communications for the running mate of the NDC, Mawuena Trebarh.
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Fire burns Madina-Ritz junction again
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- David K. Awusi: Let’s stop the stigma to end adolescent pregnancy and reduce maternal mortality
- NYA urges youth in private sector to adopt modern trends of doing business
- Fixed investment to grow at a low 1.3% in 2023 – Fitch Solutions
- Canoe and Fishing Gear Owners Association of Ghana builds capacity of fisherfolks
- Prof. Ama Atta Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Trust Sports Emporium reiterates desire to support lesser-funded sports
- We’ll ensure Kpessa Whyte propagates integrity of the court – Law School Director
- MTN holds AGM, declares dividend of 12.4 pesewas per share
- Hohoe to host 44th NDC June 4 uprising anniversary
- NPP opens nomination for Assin North Constituency by-election
- President Tinubu tells Nigerians to stop panic-buying fuel
- Kwaku Antwi-Boasiako: Potholemics (The Economics of Potholes)
- South Africa to change law to stop arrest of Putin
- 13 die after consuming toxic porridge in Namibia
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, May 31, 2023