LeBron James and Anthony Davis led the Los Angeles Lakers to a comfortable 138-115 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Christmas Day.
Davis scored 28 points and had eight rebounds, while James had 22 points, 10 assists and seven rebounds for the defending NBA champions.
James, 35, has now scored 383 points in games on Christmas Day, moving him into second all-time above Oscar Robertson.
Only late Lakers legend Kobe Bryant has scored more, with 395.
It is a 10th victory for four-time NBA champion James in Christmas Day games, tying the record held by former Miami Heat team-mate Dwyane Wade.
Two-time NBA champion Kevin Durant continued his impressive return from an Achilles tendon injury that kept him out of last season as he scored 29 points in the Brooklyn Nets’ 123-95 win over the Boston Celtics.
Nets guard Kyrie Irving hit 37 points against his former side in Boston.
The Los Angeles Clippers made it two wins in a row as they beat the Denver Nuggets 121-108.
Paul George scored 23 points, while fellow Clippers star Kawhi Leonard scored 21 before exiting in the fourth quarter after an accidental collision with team-mate Serge Ibaka left him needing eight stitches in his mouth.
Reigning Most Valuable Player Giannis Antetokounmpo was held to 15 points but his Milwaukee Bucks side still saw off the Golden State Warriors 138-99.
Bucks small forward Khris Middleton scored 31 points as the hosts landed some sublime three-pointers to stretch away from the Warriors, who have now lost their opening two games.
The Miami Heat, who lost last season’s finals to the Lakers, beat the New Orleans Pelicans 111-98, despite star guard Jimmy Butler leaving the game with an ankle injury in the first half.
Former number one overall pick Zion Williamson scored 32 points for the Pelicans, but Duncan Robinson hit seven of 13 three-point attempts in scoring 23 overall to lead the Heat to victory.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day
- Ivy Setordjie: Drinking to a warming globe – Part 1
- World Theater Day: Stakeholders urged to commit more resources to industry
- I did not defy orders not to vote for Akufo-Addo’s ministerial nominees – Akatsi North MP
- I was sexually harassed on a bus – Ernest Opoku reveals
- Ghanaians are not go-getters compared to Nigerians – Oscar Bimpong
- Reports that banks are facing insolvency risk over DDE malicious – Ghana Association of Banks
- Re: Banks facing insolvency risks on debt exchange programme
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola