Three Members of Parliament have been defeated in the National Democratic Congress (NDC) primaries in the Volta Region.
The delegates decided to give their mandate to fresh individuals whom they believe have the tenacity to lead the party in the constituencies, to victory in the 2024 general elections.
MP for Kpando, Della Sowah lost narrowly by 51 votes to Sebastian Deh who polled 332 votes at the end of polls. The former defeated the latter in the 2019 primary.
Kobena Mensah Woyome’s bid to continue representing constituents of South Tongu was truncated by Maxwell Kwame Lukutor.
He polled 597 votes against Mr. Woyome’s 562 votes.
Delegates were convinced that Frank Afriyie is a better candidate to maintain the Afadzato South parliamentary seat for the NDC, hence, voted against the incumbent, Angela Alorwu-Tay.
Mr. Afriyie was heavily endorsed with 631 votes, while Madam Alorwu-Tay managed to poll 225 in Saturday’s primary.
- Pastor Eastwood Anaba’s Days of Wonder Conference illuminates Houston
- Volta Regional Gender Department calls for support for women
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protestors defy rains to intensify demonstration
- Chamber of Young Entrepreneurs, EU and SNV Ghana, launches ¢3m Young Entrepreneurs and Start-ups Support Fund
- Hanno Barkhoff joins Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Accra as General Manager
- GRA clears air over allegation of harassment; recovers over ¢104,000 from upfront payments
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: This is why Black Sherif is ‘mad’ at the government
- Vodafone Foundation’s STEM and robotics training elevates young girls in the Western Region
- CIMG Customer Satisfaction Index: Only 5 banks scored above threshold of 98%
- Rumours of jostling for new NDC veep are needless distractions – Prof. Opoku-Agyeman
- Malta Guinness cleans Sakumono Beach as part of 2023 World Cleanup Day
- Russian Ambassador to Ghana speaks on current global geopolitical situation
- Government urged to partner private sector to drive ESG in organisations
- Musical chairs in banking sector as Abena Osei-Poku heads to Ecobank Ghana with UMB boss set to resign
- Music Review: M.anifest pays homage to 50 years of hip-hop with freestyle