Some National Democratic Congress youth in the Tamale metropolis of the Northern Region have vandalised the party’s Regional Office.
Their action is in protest of a decision to let one of the party’s Vice Chairmen, Mr. Ali Adolf act as Regional Chairman.
The party’s leadership in the Region took a decision that Mr. Adolf acts in the interim following the death of the party’s Chairman, Alhaji Ibrahim Mobila.
Alhaji Ibrahim Mobila died on Tuesday, August 16, 2022 at the Tamale Teaching Hospital after a short illness.
His Islamic Adua was held on Sunday, August 21, 2022 and graced by the party’s 2020 presidential candidate John Dramani Mahama and other dignitaries.
The youth arrived at the party office and ordered the workers to leave. They then locked up the place.
They later vandalised chairs and other properties of the party.
The youth, who arrived at the party office on motor bikes, fired gun shots amidst the commotion, demanding that Ahmed Rufai Vellim rather be allowed to act as Regional Chairman of the party.
- Ofori-Atta has learnt a bitter lesson – Bagbin on calls for Minister’s head
- Ghana’s Cardinal Richard Baawobr dies in Rome at 63
- Ghana v South Korea: ‘Hunger’ amongst players making it difficult for me to make decisions – Otto Addo
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses Oslo chancery building case against Ghana
- Social media reacts to Black Stars line-up against South Korea
- We have enough gold to exchange for oil – Deputy Energy Minister
- Playback: The Probe discuss Ghana’s gold-for-oil barter
- Gunmen stop sermon and rob churchgoers in South Africa
- Today’s front pages: Monday, November 28, 2022
- We can’t live in a world where dogs eat children
- betPawa host inclusive media roundtable event to discuss future initiatives and ways to elevate GPL
- NRSA to deploy undercover operatives to check road safety compliance
- NLC to meet leaders of striking public universities workers unions
- Having a database of farmers is long overdue – Dr Nyaaba
- Gideon Mensah stars in debut World Cup game for Black Stars
- From Eric’s Diary: How my favourite ‘Di asa’ show won the Akan TV Programme of the Year
- Alex Osei-Kojo: Time for political change in Ghana
- 2022 World Cup: Mohammed Kudus inspires Black Stars to beat South Korea
- Access to Medicine Index ranks top pharmaceuticals globally
- Plans to secure gold for oil to be realised in March 2023
- Gbi Traditional Area installs Togbega Gabusu VII
- Mr Drew rocks Mallam-Gbawe at Seleey Concert ‘22
- ‘Nana Agradaa’ shares testimony after arrest
- Ghanaian Teacher wins Instill Education competition
- Police arrest 7 gunmen who stormed hospital in attempt to kill teen