A state attorney, Joyce Debrah, was expected to start the committal proceedings yesterday but requested for more time to do certain minor corrections and refile the bill of indictment and summary of evidence.
That was after one of the lawyers defending the accused persons, Eric Atieku, informed the court that no charges had been preferred against Abdulai in the bill of indictment.
Miss Debrah, therefore, promised to do the necessary corrections and refile the bill of indictment and summary of evidence and also serve the accused persons accordingly.
In 2014, a 41-year-old banker with Fidelity Bank, Emmanuel Asante Akuffo, was stabbed several times at Odorkor Tweneboah. He was pronounced dead when he was rushed to the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital.
Prosecution claims he was stabbed by Nyamekye and Nurudeen and two others at large, who were contracted by Daniels and his wife to rob the banker of his GHC5,000.
According to the prosecution, Daniels and Juliet were caretakers of a house and in March 2013, Akuffo, who was looking for a house to rent, approached them and paid them GHC5,000 for a three-bedroom apartment.
Daniels and his wife, after they had received the money, failed to give the apartment to the banker.
Akuffo, therefore, sought to collect his money but the couple failed to provide the money.
After relentless pressure from the banker for his money, the couple told him to come for the money on February 2, 2014, at 4 p.m.
According to the prosecution, Daniels and Juliet contacted Fati to get them some people who would attack the banker and collect the money when it was refunded to him. Daniels then called Akuffo to come for the money at 7 p.m. and not at 4 p.m.
At the appointed time, Akuffo went for the money from the couple.
“When he was returning to his house, Nyamekye, Nurudeen and two others at large, attacked him with a broken bottle and knife and wounded him. He was sent to the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival,’’ the prosecution added.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years
- 2019 Budget: Finance Minister's 'completed recreational park' at Oda
- 1998 year group of APASS refurbishes school dining hall
- Photo of the week: The Bawumia reminder
- Protest erupts over terrible Hohoe roads
- Public universities deliberately crippling private ones - Prof. Adow Obeng
- Unilever launches livelihood empowerment project for women in Upper West
- Demo in Nsuta after truck driver kills teenager
- Joy News' presenters help free 'arrested' RTI coalition member
- MTN Heroes of Change season 5 launched
- Kweku Adoboli welcomed home with 'family party'
- Couple who can’t smile because of rare condition fall in love after meeting online
- 35% tax on 10k income earners scrapped
- Private sector jobs hits 208,620 in 2018
- Gov't to provide seed money for National Cathedral - Ofori-Atta