A mother in China took her own life because her son's fiancee was too short.
According to China's People's Daily, the 47-year-old's body was found on Nov 17 in a river in Henan Province.
Upon seeing the woman's remains, her emotional husband jumped into the river but struggled and their son plunged in to save him.
Both were immediately rescued by the police.
According to the report, the woman killed herself because she couldn't afford to buy a wedding gift demanded by the son's fiancee, which was said to be a car.
However, the Propaganda Department of Ningling County has denied the claims, saying that the mother committed suicide because she was unhappy about her future daughter-in-law's height.
Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/regional/2017/11/24/prospective-mother-in-law-commits-suicides-because-of-sons-fiancee-was-too-short/#Fo6eYptjczQL8p2T.99
Have your say
More News Headlines
- SSGL is Environmental, Sanitation Services Company of the Year
- 42 minors rescued from slavery on Volta Lake
- Trust God, build well - Minister advises potential victims of earth tremors
- Police open probe into sexual assault of British girls, teacher at gunpoint
- Accra Technical University to offer training in drone technology
- Free SHS: Kufuor poo-poo’s ‘rich must pay’ argument
- National Chief Imam honours Dr Bawumia
- Avoid redundancy exercise if possible – HR expert counsels practitioners
- Students Loan Trust releases GHS7m for applicants
- The levitating stone of Shivapur: A controversial ‘miracle’
- People going mad for Emirates’ ‘diamond covered’ plane
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon