A man in Japan was arrested after attempting to steal an undercover police vehicle with officers inside.
The would-be car thief, 23-year-old Ushio Sato, approached the unlocked and unmarked police vehicle parked at a parking lot in Numazu City at 12:30 a.m. and attempted to enter the vehicle.
Upon opening the door Sato found police officers sitting inside the car with the engine off as part of an undercover investigation.
Sato attempted to flee the scene, but was tracked down by one of the officers attempted theft.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- From the newsstands: Thursday, March 21, 2019
- Police to deploy body cams in May
- It’s in Africa’s interest to fight climate change – Akufo-Addo calls for unified front
- Africa Climate Week signals continent's huge investment opportunity
- Chereponi SHS students demand police clearance to go home over conflict
- Russian city hosts painful face-slapping championship
- These are the happiest countries in 2019; Ghana improves on global rankings
- Kasapreko donates fire station worth GH¢400,000 to GNFS
- NSMQ: Two Presby schools progress as Akwamuman stops Abetifi Presby
- Assault on journalists: 3 police officers suspended
- Era of ‘missing dockets’ over as Akufo-Addo launches e-Justice project
- Experience Flight #7 made of recycled material, scraps from different aircrafts
- WiSTEM GH, GH Scientific organise girls STEM camp
- Joy FM Ghana Month: Can you read in your local language? Watch 4 students
- Man accidentally shoots himself after throwing gun at cockroach to kill it