Fire ravages shops at Tamale Central Market

Fire ravages shops at Tamale Central Market
Source: Ghana| Myjoyonline.com |Abubakar Ibrahim
Date: 03-12-2017 Time: 01:12:38:pm

A fire has gutted some shops at the Tamale Central Market in the Northern region Sunday morning leading to loss of money and property.

The fire was reported to have started after a welder working on one store in the market, stopped after a power cut.

Information available to Joy News is that the intermittent power cuts affected the equipment of the welder which started the fire and spread to other shops.

The situation was aggravated because the shop where the fire started sells firecrackers and they have ordered a lot with Christmas some few weeks away.

Officers of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) said they delayed in stopping the fire from spreading because of stalls and shops which restricted their movement.

A lot of the traders upon hearing the news of the fire rushed to the market to ascertain if they have been affected.

One of the owners of the two affected shops collapsed upon seeing her gutted shop and was rushed to the Tamale Teaching Hospital.

Share this story




Leave a comment


What others are reading
Those challenging EC Chair removal in court only making lawyers rich – Effah Dartey
Film moves China to act on cancer drugs
Russian 'agent offered sex for job in US'
$30m Lands Commission office building fails value for money audit, renegotiation ordered