The Ghana Highway Authority (GHA), says the date for re-opening the Buipe Bridge has been changed from the 8th March to the 15th March.
The Bridge will continue to remain closed per the current daily schedule, from 2pm to 6pm.
In a statement, the GHA said only vehicles weighing up to 20 tons will be allowed to cross the bridge between the hours of 6am to 6pm each day during the period of the repair works.
It said motorists travelling to and from the Northern Region are therefore advised to use the following routes as an alternative.
North Bound: Travelling from the South towards Tamale will use Kumasi - Techiman-Wenchi-Sawla-Fufulso Junction and Tamale.
South Bound: Travelling from Tamale towards the South will use Tamale - Fufulso Junction - Sawla - Wenchi and Techiman.
Motorists are advised to adhere to directional and safety signs that will be made available at appropriate sections.
Any inconvenience caused is deeply regretted.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 'We don’t care about 2019 budget' – Spare parts dealers
- The Royal Express luxury train is the best way to see Japan
- Reverse Pinocchio – Researchers find that your nose shrinks when you lie
- Today's front pages
- Assistant headmaster of KUHIS suspended over sodomy allegations
- The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2019 now open
- Students Loan Trust Fund apologises for delay in disbursement
- ‘Sack Ursula’: MP urges after ‘rude’ letter to BoG Secretary
- Political leaders should live up to their trusts - Peace Council Chair
- Journalist in ¢5m blackmail of ECG MD
- LECIAD sends off Prof. Mensa-Bonsu in style
- TUC pushes for utility tariff reduction
- 20,000 pieces of wax prints impounded for tax evasion
- GES worried over lack of attention for Physical Education
- Contempt of court looms over construction of Madina-Adentan footbridges