Family Health Medical School, the premier private Medical school in Ghana, has emerged the winner of Sexual and Reproductive Health Quiz, including HIV/AIDS held at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra on Friday, November 30, 2018.
The competition was held among Medical, Nursing, Public Health, and Allied Health Science schools within the Accra Metropolitan area, and was in line with this year's World AIDS Day celebration.
The quiz was aimed at educating upcoming health workers on the issue of HIV/AIDS on the back of reports of an increase in the prevalence rate of the disease among the youth.
Participating schools included the University of Ghana Medical School, Family Health Medical School, Accra College of Medicine and the University of Ghana School of Biomedical and Allied Health Sciences.
The quiz was organised and hosted by SCORA, Federation of Ghana Medical Students Association (FGMSA) and International Federation of Medical Student Association (IFMSA).
The School of Biomedical and Allied Health Sciences of the University of Ghana came second; the University of Ghana Medical School came third; while the Accra College of Medicine took the fourth position.
Contestants from Family Health Medical School included Simon Sackitey, Dilina Osita, and Emmanuel Ohakpougwu.
Family Health University College comprises a Specialist Hospital, Nursing and Midwifery School, and a Medical School.
The Medical School offers both Graduate and Regular Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) programmes, and students are enrolled from Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria, Benin, Britain, Canada, United States of America, and Pakistan.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Photos: 2 passengers allegedly raped, others robbed at gunpoint
- Veep accident: Injured security personnel, passengers discharged
- Nyantakyi and another freed by court
- 233 communities to benefit from grid expansion in Ashanti Region
- Meteorological Agency gets 10 automatic weather stations
- 'Tinder for cows' matches livestock in the mood for love
- Establish counselling departments in schools – GNACC
- Spousal violence is a crime report all cases – CHRAJ
- Vice President involved in accident, one dead
- Photos: Hungary opens consulate in Kumasi
- GNPC CEO, Board Chair in turf war over Procurement Manager hiring
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax