A zookeeper has died after a lion mauled him in a park in northern Nigeria.
The lion broke out of its cage in the popular Gamji Gate amusement park in Kaduna city, injuring Mustapha Adam in the neck.
Mr Adam was admitted to hospital, where he died of his wounds in the early hours of Wednesday.
Authorities say the lion was lured back into its cage after the attack.
It is the second time in six months that an escaped lion has killed a person in Nigeria. In September last year, a lion killed a man feeding it in the city of Ibadan.
In 2015, a lion escaped from its cage in the central city of Jos but was tranquilized and killed before it could harm anybody.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI