Popular dancehall artiste, Ebony Reigns, has died in a gruesome road accident that occurred late Thursday evening on the Sunyani-Kumasi road.
According to police, the 20-year-old singer and three other persons were on board a Jeep with registration AS 497-16, travelling from Sunyani to Kumasi when a head-on collision with a VIP bus heading towards Sunyani from Kumasi occurred.
The driver of the vehicle escaped death, however, two other occupants -- a military officer identified as Francis Atsu Vondee and lady identified only as Frankie -- died later at the Bechem Government Hospital after they were rushed there DSP John Adusei, Mankraso District Commander, confirmed.
- Ebony Reigns was reportedly travelling in this mangled car
DSP Adusei has confirmed to Joy News that the bodies have been deposited at Mankraso Hospital Morgue in the Ashanti Region.
Barimaba Yusif, a journalist with a local radio station, After-2 FM, said on the Super Morning Show on Joy FM Friday the road on which the accident occurred was in a bad state.
The journalist suspects that the driver of the Jeep in which Ebony was travelling had attempted to avoid running into a heap of sand that was being used for road construction but instead ran into the VIP bus travelling in the opposite direction.
Known in real life as Priscilla Opoku-Kwarteng, Ebony was widely known for her hit songs "Poison" and "Kupe".
She would have turned 21 on February 16.
Video: Ebony's Career - Let's Talk Entertainment on JoyNews (24-1-18)
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Man quits his job to wait for “dream girl” he made eye contact with for 10 seconds
- City Construction & Properties Awards launched to promote building excellence
- The deadliest place in Earth’s history?
- NCA warns defaulting radio stations to settle authorisation fees
- Gov't working on law to improve cybersecurity environment
- Gbewa Palace gates open as Abudus perform funeral for overlord
- Violence against women: MP charges gov’t to resource DOVVSU
- Send Ghana wants govt to crack whip on School Feeding fraud
- National Chief Imam commends and prays for Joy News' Latif Iddrisu
- School Feeding Coordinator suspended
- Punish heads who use pupils for political activities – Bright Appiah
- Ghana paying too much for Medical Drones Service – Procurement expert
- Fiesta Royale donates to Maternal Unit of Achimota Hospital
- Prempeh College ’98 old boys donate water system to school to mark homecoming anniversary
- Finding natural riches in the world's driest desert