A humanitarian group, Support, Health, Education and empowerment (SHE) supported the less privileged at the Haven of hope, Orphanage Nsawam in the Eastern Region on New Year’s Day.
Members of the group, who are mostly young female students determined to put a smile on the faces of the less fortunate ones, provided the children with school bags filled with stationery to encourage and support their education.
They also organized a party for the kids and served various dishes food and drinks.
SHE has for sometime now been involved in raising awareness about critical maternal issues in the country and promote health for children in the country.
The group which is founded by Chelsea Asare, is co-founded by Nana Akua Boateng, Maame Ama Mochiah, Melissa Amoako, and Lynette-Ann Fleischer-Djoleto.
Nana Akua Boateng in an address indicated their preparedness to ensure children are enrolled in school to become better future leaders.
Melissa Amoako, another member said, they are yearning to be strong advocates on issues relating to children and fight for the education of children.
The Founder, Chelsea Asare said though their main focus is on educating the girl child, they are also minded of the importance of education regardless of one's sex or social standing.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Anas’ partner killing: Kennedy Agyapong has questions to answer – Lawyer
- Nomadic herdsmen invade Sekyere Central; officials to use diplomatic approach