The finalists of the fifth edition of the MTN App Challenge have justified their inclusion in the second round of the competition.
In all, 48 finalists including eight female showcased their work to the judges and gave reasons why they should be part of the finalist.
As part of MTN Ghana’s efforts to empower budding talents in the technological industry to provide digital solutions to everyday challenges facing societies, it has launched the season five of its Apps Challenge.
The MTN Apps Challenge season 5.0 seeks to bring together app developers, animators and tech enthusiasts for a chance to create products which would bring in value and advance the tech scene in Ghana.
The competition, dubbed, “Empowering the Youth in Developing innovative Digital Projects” is opened to senior high and tertiary students, and freelancers who are to develop apps and solutions in the categories of mobile apps, Internet of Things (IoT), and animated videos.
A new category for “Best Female Developer” has been added to encourage more female participation in the contest.
This is because evaluations made from the previous editions of the event showed that it was male dominated, therefore, the need to encourage female participation.
Aside the three main categories for entries which are the Internet of Things apps that address local problems, mobile apps and animated videos, the best female project and the katAppult initiative has been added.
The katAppult initiative is a commercialization project that seeks to refine and commercialize winning ideas of MTN Apps challenge creators.
The grand finale of the MTN App Challenge is slated for June 6, 2018.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Chinery-Hesse outdoored as C'wealth Business and Tech African Chair
- Support passage, enforce vigilante law – Akufo-Addo tells Police
- Driver, mate subjected to physical abuse in police custody - Lawyer
- COP Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: A transformed church, the world's only hope -Aps Etrue
- COP Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: The Holy Spirit is your life's utility player -Aps Miah
- Black Friday! Close to 90 perish in 2 separate accidents
- Ministers’ discretion rights undermine corruption fight’
- Eight ways to save water
- South Dayi MP pushes for highway rest stop, cultural village at Peki
- Kintampo-Techiman road crash: 53 survived Friday fatality - Police
- Climate Week: Youth Groups across Africa march to demand immediate action
- 2 Dismissed Fire Service officers reinstated
- Nigeria, a sleeping tourism giant that needs awakening
- Anas frustrated by Police apathy in Hussein-Suale's murder probe
- Police request Parliament to release Ken Agyapong over assault complaint