The Senior Housemaster of Kumasi Secondary Technical School has allegedly impregnated a second-year student of the school.
A pregnancy he caused her to abort.
According to Luv FM’s Erastus Asare Donkor, Ashanti the Regional Director of Education has ordered the arrest of the senior housemaster, Samuel Patterson Asamoah.
She has also ordered his interdiction and immediate vacation from the campus of the school.
Prior to that, a committee was set up by the headmaster of the school which is supposed to investigate the matter and submit a report in seven days.
According to the reporter, the headmaster expected the report to inform him about what happened after which the senior housemaster would be handed over to the police or the Ghana Education Service.
The student; name withheld, was rushed to a First Care hospital near the school by the authorities after her colleagues informed them about her ordeal.
The colleagues had sensed an awful smell emanating from her.
Erastus reported that after initial assessments, the clinic referred her to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) where it was determined that the foetus died inside her due to the concoctions she took.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Asafo Market on fire again
- The death of Christ is not a myth but a fact – Mensa Otabil
- Ghanaians hail National Chief Imam for joining Easter Service
- Decomposing body of former High Court judge retrieved from residence
- Otumfuo@20: Ya-Na Mahama's arrival blocks Manhyia traffic
- Photos: Thrilling Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen rounds to a close with thousands in attendance
- Ghanaian scholar appointed 15th President of Millersville University
- Chinese people keep trying to throw metal coins into airplane engines for good luck
- 'Year of return': Hundreds of African-Americans resettle in Ghana
- Ghana Writers’ Conference 2019 opens in December
- In Pictures: Climax of majestic Otumfuo@20 anniversary
- Otumfuo@20: Colourful Asante culture on display as firing of musketry greet patrons
- 2019 Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen underway
- JoyNews gets result: Maternity centre near completion at Mangotideke
- In pictures: Second inferno wreak havoc at Kumasi market