A four-year-old girl of New Page School in Kokomemle in Accra is nursing severe wounds after her teacher hit her many times with a cane because, she failed to do her homework herself.
The Kindergarten Two girl’s father, Emmanuel Agyekum, who was incensed by the whip marks on her daughter's skin said he went to school to inquire what happened but the unrepentant teacher told him to take the matter anywhere he wishes to.
“This is not the first time. I think this has happened on three or four occasions. And today when I saw the girl I wasn’t happy at all.
“I went to the school and the teacher exchanged words with me. The teacher said she [little girl] doesn’t do her homework or the homework wasn’t done with her handwriting. The little girl said her brother did it for her,” the girl’s angry dad told Joy News’ Joojo Cobbina.
Watch more in the video below.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Photos: Down but not out, the traffic lights that direct nobody
- Pepsodent Ghana supports SOS children village 2019 Founder's Day celebration
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, June 24, 2019
- Operation Vanguard arrests 15 Chinese linked to illegal mining
- ICT project for Zanlerigu JHS stalled due to lack of funds
- Woman receives $35 fine for 15 years old seat belt offence
- Ghana to host maiden International Coconut Festival
- Gov't committed to dealing with climate change – Environment ministry
- Boyfriend of 'murdered' teacher, friend arrested in Odumase
- Aluminium Dev't Corp reiterates readiness to engage mining companies
- Go to court to stop Nigerians, others from retail trade - Baako to GUTA
- Police’s ‘unlawful’ arrest of Nigerian lecturer criticised
- Court fines owners of stray cattle GH¢960
- Dog waits one year at police station where owner was arrested
- NCA sues Electronic Communications Tribunal for bias