A four-year-old girl of New Page School in Kokomemle in Accra is nursing severe wounds after her teacher hit her many times with a cane because, she failed to do her homework herself.
The Kindergarten Two girl’s father, Emmanuel Agyekum, who was incensed by the whip marks on her daughter's skin said he went to school to inquire what happened but the unrepentant teacher told him to take the matter anywhere he wishes to.
“This is not the first time. I think this has happened on three or four occasions. And today when I saw the girl I wasn’t happy at all.
“I went to the school and the teacher exchanged words with me. The teacher said she [little girl] doesn’t do her homework or the homework wasn’t done with her handwriting. The little girl said her brother did it for her,” the girl’s angry dad told Joy News’ Joojo Cobbina.
Watch more in the video below.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Prioritise education, digital connectivity – Lagarde advises gov't
- The five top destinations to visit in 2019 – an insider’s guide
- “World’s prettiest man” has to show ID to prove he’s male
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, December 18, 2018
- Military brutality: CHRAJ recommends GH¢30,000 compensation to boy assaulted 2yrs ago
- Gambler petitions after betting company's refusal to pay win
- Graduates urged to explore opportunities under social intervention programmes
- Staff impersonators arrested for extorting money from patients at TTH
- Photos: University of Ghana sea turtle released after being held ‘hostage’ in Ekumfi
- KLM opens new flagship Crown Lounge at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport
- This company will pay you $100,000 to give up your smartphone for a year
- Suspended school feeding boss fires back: 'I have not engaged in malfeasance'
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, December 17, 2018
- 9 Chinese illegal miners arrested as ban on small-scale mining ends today
- Santa on the naughty list after 'swearing at children'