CEO of the McDan Group of Companies, Dr Daniel McKorley, has called on Ghanaians to collaborate with Government in the implementation of the Free SHS policy.
McDan, as he is popularly known, said: “if America and Europe are educating their people for free, what business have we to play politics with free SHS?”
Dr McKorley urged Ghanaians to be optimistic in their approach to the implementation of the free SHS programme.
Dr McKorley made the comments when he spoke to a section of the media at the recent CIMG Awards where he was crowned Marketing Man of the Year. 2017.
He said Ghanaians must rally behind President Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and his government in the implementation of the free SHS policy.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
“If you don’t start from somewhere, how can you know the challenges?” he quizzed.
He commended the Ministry of Education and the Ghana Education Service for outlining strategies for coping with the challenges facing the free SHS implementation.
He, however, challenged parents not to hide behind the free SHS to shirk their commitments towards their children’s education.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- GMA demands suspension of drone health service deliveries
- Osei Asante chairs International Cost Engineering Council
- UPSA Vice-Chancellor honoured with CIMG Fellow status
- REGSEC meets Abudu, Andani reps ahead of 2 funerals
- Culinary industry appeals to government to waive taxes
- Ghana not prepared for looming earthquake – Geological service
- Part of Kumasi City Mall ceiling collapses
- Gold-obsessed man wears 13kg of the metal wherever he goes
- A 1,000-year-old road lost to time
- MPs advocate for revival of Maths, Science and Technology scholarship
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- Notorious robbery kingpins jailed 176 years
- Cocoa Nti fertilizer certified – Scientist tells court
- Give Me Hope Foundation gears up for its Needy Child Outreach programme
- Hanna Tetteh gets new UN post, heads UN Office at AU