CEO of the McDan Group of Companies, Dr Daniel McKorley, has called on Ghanaians to collaborate with Government in the implementation of the Free SHS policy.
McDan, as he is popularly known, said: “if America and Europe are educating their people for free, what business have we to play politics with free SHS?”
Dr McKorley urged Ghanaians to be optimistic in their approach to the implementation of the free SHS programme.
Dr McKorley made the comments when he spoke to a section of the media at the recent CIMG Awards where he was crowned Marketing Man of the Year. 2017.
He said Ghanaians must rally behind President Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and his government in the implementation of the free SHS policy.
“If you don’t start from somewhere, how can you know the challenges?” he quizzed.
He commended the Ministry of Education and the Ghana Education Service for outlining strategies for coping with the challenges facing the free SHS implementation.
He, however, challenged parents not to hide behind the free SHS to shirk their commitments towards their children’s education.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Security guard jailed for threatening former minister
- Defence Minister picks Chokosi, Konkomba leaders as microphones for peace mission
- Tumu SHS: Two high-schoolers nabbed for vandalism over seized phones
- Ghana may legalise same-sex marriage in 2039 - Kpebu
- Photos: US Ambassador holds Iftar with interfaith community
- Efficient agriculture surest bet to beating climate change – Experts
- Pictures: Fire ravages furniture shop at Sakaman
- Passport fees to go up
- Darkuman police station gets Church of Pentecost help
- Photo of the week: The contradiction on the wall
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, May 24, 2019
- IGP warns police officers against ‘brute acts of indiscipline’
- Mamfe township to welcome 2019 Robofest winners in grand style
- Catholic Church remains ‘alert to security threats’ – Archbishop assures
- Two fallen Ghanaian peacekeepers to be awarded posthumously