The nine-year-old girl who was allegedly sexually assaulted by her teacher, has been “provisionally diagnosed with spinal injury.”
Tests by doctors at the Korle Bu Polyclinic revealed the condition after an earlier one conducted at a clinic at Kasoa in the Central region where the incident occurred, said she had a pelvic fracture.
The class two pupil was fleeing from her teacher who was reportedly inserting his fingers into her vagina when she fell, hitting her pelvis on a table.
This was after the teacher had agreed to take her through what she had missed when she reported late for vacation classes.
Unknown to her, the cunning teacher had dubious plans and had it not been for that escape, the worse would have happened.
Police are still investigating the issue after a Joy News report by Maxwell Agbagba.
Child rights activists, civil society groups and the public have condemned the teacher's behaviour and called for him to be punished.
They are not alone. In a sermon to his congregants on Sunday, Apostle General of the Royal House Chapel International, Rev. Sam Korankye Ankrah criticised the teacher whom he said is “not fit to teach.”
“I was listening to Joy FM and a certain nine-year-old girl has been defiled by a teacher…and you [teacher] are a man with children and daughters and you are doing this to somebody’s daughter.
“…and the teacher doesn’t know he has brought damnation upon himself because whatsoever a man soweth that is what he reaps,” the shocked preacher said.
He has promised to foot the medical bills of the victim after her family complained they did not have money to pay for her to undergo treatment.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Investigator killing: Time to say enough is enough – Ken Ashigbey
- Photos: Killed undercover investigator buried
- Rev. Korankye Ankrah praises Chief Imam
- Yo-Naa Abubakari Mahama is new Ya Naa-elect
- It's time to nip creeping Fake News challenge in the bud – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ahmed murder an attack on press freedom – US Embassy
- OneGhana Movement wants Kennedy Agyapong prosecuted
- 120 Ghanaian police officers heading to Somalia
- GPHA offers ¢50,000 bounty for killers of PR Manager
- Killing of football bribes investigator a dent on Ghana's democracy -GII
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l