Multimedia journalist, Justice Baidoo is in the United States of America to attend the Global Climate Reporting Program organized by the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ).
He joins a team of 16 journalists selected from over 400 applicants around the world whose works have demonstrated a strong commitment to climate reporting.
While in the US, Justice would also cover UN Secretary General, António Guterres’ major address on climate change which would be delivered this week, before the UN General Assembly and the Global Climate Action Summit in San Francisco, California.
The UN Chief is expected to speak on efforts at achieving the Paris Agreement, ramp-up action from cities, businesses, and individuals to curb climate change.
Fellows would attend intensive trainings on digital journalism and storytelling around the issue of climate change to be facilitated by world-renowned journalists and development communicators from the ICFJ which has over three decades of history in organizing trainings for journalists around the world.
“This, again, is another testament of the hard work and commitment we put into our work at JoyNews. The ICFJ is a world leader in journalism training and so to get this opportunity makes me feel that we are on the right path in terms of delivering quality journalism which our country badly needs” Justice said.
Justice is an award-winning documentary filmmaker whose journalism is mainly focused on climate action, health, agriculture, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
Follow the link to view some of his strories.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Anas’ partner killing: Kennedy Agyapong has questions to answer – Lawyer
- Nomadic herdsmen invade Sekyere Central; officials to use diplomatic approach