The wife of Kofi Annan has paid her last respect to her husband, Kofi Atta Annan.
Nane, who was married to Kofi for over 30 years, was accompanied by her three children, Kojo Annan, Nina Cronstedt de Groot, and Ama Annan respectively.
Woman Consoles Late Kofi Annas Wife.
It was a difficult moment for the family as the wife and kids struggled to hold back their tears while bidding their head of family farewell.
Nane extended pleasantries with the family of Kofi Annan after filing past the remains of the global icon.
The second day of the final funeral rites for Kofi Atta Annan, former Secretary-General has commenced at the Accra International Conference Centre today.
Former ministers of state, Members of the diplomatic corps, Members of Parliament, Ministers of state, Members of the Council of State, Members of the Mfantsipim Old Boys Association, Chiefs and Queen mothers are expected to pay their last respect to the global icon.
Members of the traditional council, Chiefs and Queen mothers, the Akwamuhene and his delegation including that of Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II will also past Mr Annan’s remains.
See more photos below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists
- Left to rot: $2m Hyundai Gallopers sold for $276k
- Anti-GMO groups to call foreign witnesses in GMO court case
- Adjaye refutes architects’ allegation - Says firm is doing legitimate business
- Newspaper headlines : Friday, July 19, 2019
- Teachers urged to encourage students to excel
- Police open investigation into fatal Akrokerri mine pit collapse