The wife of Kofi Annan has paid her last respect to her husband, Kofi Atta Annan.
Nane, who was married to Kofi for over 30 years, was accompanied by her three children, Kojo Annan, Nina Cronstedt de Groot, and Ama Annan respectively.
Woman Consoles Late Kofi Annas Wife.
It was a difficult moment for the family as the wife and kids struggled to hold back their tears while bidding their head of family farewell.
Nane extended pleasantries with the family of Kofi Annan after filing past the remains of the global icon.
The second day of the final funeral rites for Kofi Atta Annan, former Secretary-General has commenced at the Accra International Conference Centre today.
Former ministers of state, Members of the diplomatic corps, Members of Parliament, Ministers of state, Members of the Council of State, Members of the Mfantsipim Old Boys Association, Chiefs and Queen mothers are expected to pay their last respect to the global icon.
Members of the traditional council, Chiefs and Queen mothers, the Akwamuhene and his delegation including that of Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II will also past Mr Annan’s remains.
See more photos below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Rumors I'm planning an attack untrue – Regent of Dagbon
- Bullet lodged in police officer's eye in armed robbery attack
- Manso-Nkwanta: 7 killed by police not armed robbers - Gov't
- The shipwreck that created a culture
- 'Human Spider' banned from climbing any UK building
- Today's front pages
- You can now travel across Morocco on Africa’s First High-speed train
- 3 arrested over Asiwa police chief attack
- Pantang Hospital JHS pupil wins Aspire to Bee spelling competition
- 'Dead' man turns up two months after burial
- Asiwa police chief shot, in critical condition
- Video: Building under construction caves in; one feared trapped in rubble
- Debate about National Cathedral makes me 'extremely nervous' – Ofori-Atta
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?