An Australian man said he used two cases of beer as a bartering tool to rescue a unique "unicorn" sheep from the slaughter.
Michael Foster, a veteran stock agent, said he was checking out a flock of sheep when he came across Joey, a sheep with one of its horns directly in the middle of his head.
"I thought it might have been a joke to start with, but I thought, 'yeah it looks like a unicorn,'" Foster told 7News Adelaide.
"I've been a stock agent for about six years and it is definitely the first time I have come across anything like it," Foster said. "To the best of our knowledge, it is the only one in Australia."
Foster said Joey was destined for the slaughter, but he was able to save the animal's life by trading two cases of beer for the sheep.
"He runs with the other sheep, it's just funny seeing his horn poking out," Foster said.
Foster said Joey seems made for stardom.
"We'll break him in, take him to shows and pageants, and who knows where we can go, maybe Hollywood," Foster said. "I'm sure the kids will get a big kick out of patting a real-life unicorn, we might even do unicorn rides."
A "unicorn" led California police on a three-hour chase in the Madera Ranchos area in early 2016. The "unicorn" in that case turned out to be a pony that had been dressed up for a photo shoot before escaping.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Special Prosecutor asked to explain fuel theft by staff
- Akufo-Addo must ensure no GMO in Ghana’s Agric agenda – FSG
- Photos: Eugene Arhin supports Muslims at Awutu Bawjiase
- Global Agric firm calls for increased investments in research
- Radio Gold, XYZ staff and others hit Accra streets over closure of radio stations
- Kumasi: Heavy downpour revives fear for lives, properties
- Photos/Video: Floods wreak havoc in Accra
- Peace Council urge gov't to extend training on terrorism to citizens
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- Threat of terror: ‘Be vigilant of suspicious behaviours’ - GPCC
- This woman claims she can’t find a job because of her good looks
- The ‘sacred forests’ of northern Ethiopia
- We're confident missing Taadi girls will be found - Ghana Gas to families
- Police retrieve Stonebwoy’s pistol
- 6th National Policy Summit launched