Total Petroleum Ghana, a leading oil marketing company in the country, has made a donation to the Mephibosheth Training Centre for the physically-challenged at Gomoa Ankamu in the Central Region.
The donation which was made on February 15, 2019, was in line with the company’s annual CSR initiative championed by staff.
According to the Corporate Social Responsibility Officer, Charlotte Someah Kwaw, the gesture ties in with the bigger quota of the company towards the development of the youth and support of the vulnerable in society.
She added that the company attaches great importance to building the youth and thus have institutionalized programs like Total Young Graduate Programme, Financial Aid for tertiary students and the Start-upper of the Year by Total Challenge among others.
‘We donated some items to Mephibosheth Training Center last year during Valentine’s Day and we decided to continue to support them again this year with toiletries, food items and clothing to ease the lives of the kids and give them the basic support to facilitate their education.’
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NSMQ: Nafana, 3 others win in Brong Ahafo qualifiers
- OBOSS shows who is boss in NSMQ2019 qualifiers
- That's My Opinion: ‘De-tribalising’ Ghana
- Driver, mate in police officer assault charged
- Council statement on recent disturbances on UEW Campuses in Winneba
- Chereponi: One more person dead as humanitarian crisis worsens
- YRE Ghana walks to demand climate change action
- Mum mortified after x-rated video for husband is shared with 2,000 Facebook pals
- Police investigating themselves violates natural justice - CHRI
- Truck veers off Tema motorway into commuters and kills one
- MP backs calls for resignation of UEW Vice Chancellor
- GIMPA School of Technology; partners mentor young girls
- Today's front pages, March 18, 2019
- Growing police-civilian mistrust threat to public tranquillity - BPS
- 1,500 smuggled turtles found alive in abandoned luggage