Total Petroleum Ghana, a leading oil marketing company in the country, has made a donation to the Mephibosheth Training Centre for the physically-challenged at Gomoa Ankamu in the Central Region.
The donation which was made on February 15, 2019, was in line with the company’s annual CSR initiative championed by staff.
According to the Corporate Social Responsibility Officer, Charlotte Someah Kwaw, the gesture ties in with the bigger quota of the company towards the development of the youth and support of the vulnerable in society.
She added that the company attaches great importance to building the youth and thus have institutionalized programs like Total Young Graduate Programme, Financial Aid for tertiary students and the Start-upper of the Year by Total Challenge among others.
‘We donated some items to Mephibosheth Training Center last year during Valentine’s Day and we decided to continue to support them again this year with toiletries, food items and clothing to ease the lives of the kids and give them the basic support to facilitate their education.’
Have your say
More News Headlines
- CORRECTION: Amidu’s eligibility as Special Prosecutor: A-G ordered to file defence
- Accra floods: Akufo-Addo inspects dredging works
- Western regional minister, DCE dine with Free SHS students
- Special Prosecutor asked to explain fuel theft by staff
- Akufo-Addo must ensure no GMO in Ghana’s Agric agenda – FSG
- Photos: Eugene Arhin supports Muslims at Awutu Bawjiase
- Global Agric firm calls for increased investments in research
- Radio Gold, XYZ staff and others hit Accra streets over closure of radio stations
- Kumasi: Heavy downpour revives fear for lives, properties
- Photos/Video: Floods wreak havoc in Accra
- Peace Council urge gov't to extend training on terrorism to citizens
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- Threat of terror: ‘Be vigilant of suspicious behaviours’ - GPCC
- This woman claims she can’t find a job because of her good looks
- The ‘sacred forests’ of northern Ethiopia