Kumasi’s favourite and most listened to radio station, Nhyira 104.5 FM, has disbursed a total of GHS113, 756 to 22 orphanages in the Ashanti Region last year.
In all, 1, 238 inmates benefited from the amount raised in the 2018 season of the station’s annual charity, known as Nhyira Abodoo, a Christmas event for the vulnerable in society.
It represents a 13 per cent increase on the GHS100,000 raised and disbursed to the same number of homes in 2017.
A final report by the Finance Office of Multimedia Group Limited, Kumasi Business Unit, indicates Kumasi Children’s Home, with 132 children, received the highest amount of GHS12,300.
Asokore-Mampong-based SOS Children Village followed closely with GHS11,200.00.
Also, GHS1,000 was donated to Nyame Na Aye Orphanage Home.
Earlier, at a Christmas party on December 27, 2018, the beneficiary homes and hundreds of individual also received food items, clothing and educational materials after being treated to meals amid variety entrainment.
Listeners and other philanthropic individuals, in Ghana and abroad, as well as institutions, contributed the cash and items.
Nhyira is a corporate social responsibility initiative which has enjoyed massive patronage and support, becoming the hope of many vulnerable persons since its inception about 10 years ago.Abodoo
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Asafo Market on fire again
- The death of Christ is not a myth but a fact – Mensa Otabil
- Ghanaians hail National Chief Imam for joining Easter Service
- Decomposing body of former High Court judge retrieved from residence
- Otumfuo@20: Ya-Na Mahama's arrival blocks Manhyia traffic
- Photos: Thrilling Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen rounds to a close with thousands in attendance
- Ghanaian scholar appointed 15th President of Millersville University
- Chinese people keep trying to throw metal coins into airplane engines for good luck
- 'Year of return': Hundreds of African-Americans resettle in Ghana
- Ghana Writers’ Conference 2019 opens in December
- In Pictures: Climax of majestic Otumfuo@20 anniversary
- Otumfuo@20: Colourful Asante culture on display as firing of musketry greet patrons
- 2019 Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen underway
- JoyNews gets result: Maternity centre near completion at Mangotideke
- In pictures: Second inferno wreak havoc at Kumasi market