Government has secured a $60 million facility for the implementation of Phase 2 of the University of Allied Sciences project at Ho in the Volta Region.
Phase 2 will cover a total floor area of 29,200 square meters which will see the completion of the central administration block.
Also, the school of Nursing and Midwifery duty and equipment room as well as supporting facilities such as the desks, chairs and computers and teaching aids for medical speciality will also be completed.
“The first phase covered a land area of 10.386 square metres and comprised the school of basic and biomedical science, lecture halls, libraries, student housing facilities and senior staff residential area,” Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, the Information Minister told journalists, Sunday.
The Ofoase Ayirebi legislator said under the bilateral agreement between the Ghana and China, the project is expected to enhance higher education on medicine.
It is also expected to further promote advanced medical care and also provide jobs for the Health Sector.
In September 2015, the first phase of the University funded by the Chinese government was officially handed over to Ghana.
The Minister of Finance Ken Ofori Atta and the Chinese Ambassador Wang Shitin have signed an MOU to that effect.
“Government is pleased about this agreement and wishes to work together to enhance the already strong and cordial relations between Ghana and China while deepening our commitment to expansion in education, Health Care and infrastructure,” Mr Oppong Nkrumah said.
More News Headlines
- KAIPTC remembers Kofi Annan one year on
- Manual for managing school libraries outdoored
- Photos: 5 arrested for smuggling over 4000 bags of fertilizers
- Conquering Kilimanjaro for child online safety
- AFRICOM, Ghana Armed Forces commence Africa Endeavor 2019
- Menzgold CEO's press conference in pictures
- Repent; accept Jesus Christ - Menzgold CEO tells detractors
- Climate change in Africa: Survey finds worsening agriculture conditions
- US government deports 40 Ghanaians
- EOCO knew my travel plans - Menzgold CEO
- Rate of police contract appointments worrying
- Commonwealth begins inaugural speaker series in Accra
- I do not seek political office – Nana Appiah Mensah
- Unfreeze our accounts – Embattled Menzgold boss begs
- Full speech: NAM 1 breaks silence after 9 months detention