The Ghana National Petroleum Company (GNPC) Foundation has secured a scholarship package for students in fishing and rural communities.
The deal signed by Dominic Eduah (PhD), the Executive Director of the GNPC Foundation with Lovely Professional University (LPU) in India, will offer 50 percent discount on fees paid for students by the Foundation to pursue courses in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Lovely Professional University is the largest university in India with one of the best Educational Infrastructures in the world. The school, situated on a 600 acre land, has state of the art facilities to rival the best universities in world.
After the signing ceremony, Mr. Eduah who was accompanied by a board member of GNPC Foundation, Johnson Ben Oduro met with the Ghanaian student union in the school who shared their experience since enrolling in the school.
The President of the union was happy their colleagues in rural communities will have the opportunity to join them and make Ghana proud.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- You can pay to cuddle cows at this New York farm
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked
- Name those you accuse – Dr. Akwetey tells 'undermined' Special Prosecutor
- Tiger fleeing floodwaters breaks into home, relaxes in bed
- Residents chase out police for bringing back alleged witches
- Video: Baako explains why police disobeyed court order on Afoko bail
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum