Mozambique's consulate staff have moved three coffins, containing the bodies of Mozambican nationals, to a nearly morgue after they were left on the road on the South African side of the Ressano Garcia border crossing.
The coffins, containing the bodies of two men and one woman, were abandoned after South African border authorities said the transporters did not produce the right documents, daily newspaper, O Pais reports.
Some of the deceased's relatives returned to get the required documentation while others were offered accommodation by a nun on the Mozambique side of the border.
Two of the bodies are destined for the southern Maputo province and the third for neighbouring Gaza province.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kintampo accident: 35 persons burnt beyond recognition given mass burial
- 2019 Life Walk: ICGC donates ¢200K to Mental Health Authority
- Era of serving without promotion is over - Akufo-Addo tells police
- 'You are our most distinguished alumnus' - Buckingham University VC tells Bawumia
- Ancient Rome's sinful city at the bottom of the sea
- 7 Illegal Chinese miners arrested by ministerial committee
- No conspiracy in law school exams – Akufo-Addo
- Four remanded over kidnapping hairdresser
- Swedru municipal guard in assault case arrested
- Eugene Arhin recognised among 'Most Influential People of African Descent'
- Unemployed man remanded over robbery
- Absence of policy framework on road safety to blame for carnage - Lawyer
- NADMO distributes relief items to Chereponi victims
- Paul lobbied to appear on AWW Commission – Kofi Abotsi reveals
- Baako calls for ‘occasional’ media blacklist of Police Service