Mozambique's consulate staff have moved three coffins, containing the bodies of Mozambican nationals, to a nearly morgue after they were left on the road on the South African side of the Ressano Garcia border crossing.
The coffins, containing the bodies of two men and one woman, were abandoned after South African border authorities said the transporters did not produce the right documents, daily newspaper, O Pais reports.
Some of the deceased's relatives returned to get the required documentation while others were offered accommodation by a nun on the Mozambique side of the border.
Two of the bodies are destined for the southern Maputo province and the third for neighbouring Gaza province.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Photo of the week: The contradiction on the wall
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, May 24, 2019
- IGP warns police officers against ‘brute acts of indiscipline’
- Mamfe township to welcome 2019 Robofest winners in grand style
- Catholic Church remains ‘alert to security threats’ – Archbishop assures
- Two fallen Ghanaian peacekeepers to be awarded posthumously
- The most bizarre celebrity airport outfits
- The 10 countries everyone should visit
- Pursue development oriented CSR – GNPC Foundation boss to corporate bodies
- IGP commissions Tema Comm 25 police station
- Security guard jailed 6 months for causing harm
- US, Ghana gov’t collaborate to strengthen reading in basic school
- Global Agribusiness players advocate new model for dev't of African agriculture
- Joy News Special: Garbage in, garbage out
- Chereponi: Another person dead in latest clash