Twellium Industry Ghana Limited has donated towards Ramadan, one of the major activities on the Islamic calendar in May every year.
Ramadam is also described as a month of love by Muslims and there is an obligation for Muslims to share gifts with one another after the end of the month-long fasting for cleansing and forgiveness.
Fulfilling this faith base obligation the management of Twellium Industry Ghana Limited, producers of Rush Energy drink, Verna Mineral Water, donated hundreds of cartons of its wide range of products to the National Chief Imam, Sheikh Osman Nuhu Sharubutu at his office at Fadama in Accra.
The company made similar donations of their products such as American Cola, Rush Energy Drink, Verna Mineral Water, Planet Range and Bubble Up Lemon Lime to the leadership of the Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama'ah ( ASWAJ ) Ghana and the Chairman of the National Haj Board Sheikh IC Quaye at his residence.
Presenting the donation, the company’s Head of Project and Events Mustapha Anass said the donation forms part of the company’s corporate social responsibility to support the Chief Imam and other beneficiaries.
The company hopes the donations will further be shared with more people during the Ramadan.
The company also used the opportunity to announce the 2019 edition of an Islamic Quiz Dubbed: Twellium National Quran Recitation Competition.
The overall winner will receive a return ticket to Mecca this year while consolation prizes will be given to the other winners.
Receiving the donation, Sheikh Osman Nuhu Sharubutu commended the management of the company for the gesture.
The National Chief Imam said his office will make sure the items will be shared to serve the purpose of which they were brought.
Sheikh Osman Nuhu Sharubutu endorsed the Quran recital competition and called on Muslims to support the organisers since it will help to educate members of the Muslim community to properly understand the doctrine of the Quran.
Chairman of the National Hajj Board Sheikh I.C. Quaye, praised the management of Twellium Industry Limited for the gesture and also for their commitment to helping the young generation to learn the Quran through the completion.
Sheikh I.C Quaye advised Muslims, especially the youths, to keep holy during and after Ramadan which according to him will pave the way for them to receive Allah’s blessings.
The company was incorporated in Ghana in September 2013 to kick start the production of four key franchised products.
They include Rush Energy drink, Original American Cola, Planet Range and Bubble Up Lemon Lime.
The company specialises in the production of irresistible non-alcoholic beverages. It also prides itself in its flagship product, Verna Mineral Water, for its clean, tasty and refreshing appeal.
Twellium holds a franchised license from Monarch beverages – Atlanta Georgia; a diversified, international beverage company operating in over 50 countries and offering over 200 production spanning traditional carbonated soft and age categories like energy drinks.
More News Headlines
- ‘We won’t take it!’ - Widespread teacher anger over ¢50 allowance
- 3 houses burnt down in renewed clashes in Savannah Region
- Video: Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme
- Communication Ministry responds to Myjoyonline report on 2017 expenses
- 2 'PDS' imposters arrested for forcefully disconnecting supply
- Journalists schooled on reporting on sensitive issues
- Ghana Grand conquers most difficult terrain
- Personality Profile: Prophet Kofi Oduro takes his turn
- Group calls for passage of Affirmative Action Bill
- We don’t oppose good education policies- Oppong Nkrumah
- Those who lost bank jobs have found new work- Deputy Employment Minister
- UNDP to use TICAD7 to advance sustainable development in Africa
- Former GJA president lauds Herbert Mensah, others for supporting journalism dev’t
- Hotel room rates in Accra ranked 2nd in Africa after Addis Ababa