The 6th National Policy Summit, an initiative by the Ministry of Information, has been launched in Accra.
The two-day summit which will take place in the Central Regional Capital, Cape Coast, is on the theme “Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals with Emphasis on Fisheries and Sanitation”.
The NPS is designed to bring together policy makers, business leaders, Industry players, academia and Civil Society Organisations among others, to brainstorm, interact and dialogue on topical issues of national importance.
Launching the summit in Accra, Minister for Planning, Professor George Gyan-Baffour who is also chairman of the High-level Ministerial Committee on SDGs, praised the organisers for using this year’s summit to dialogue on challenges facing humanity including sanitation.
Professor George Gyan-Baffour
He revealed, that participants will discuss a number of issues including promoting a total national sanitation campaign and protecting fisheries and aquaculture for sustainable food supply and job creation.
The Summit will be held under the patronage of Osabarima Kwesi Atta II, Omanhene of Ogua Traditional Area.
Key speakers include Minister for Fisheries and Aquaculture Development, Elizabeth Afoley Quaye, and the Minister of Sanitation and Water Resources Cecilia Abena Dapaah,
The 6th National Policy Summit like other flagship programmes, is one of the Ministry of Information’s strategic objectives which includes ensuring responsive governance and citizen participation in the development dialogue as well as Improving participation of civil society, media, traditional authorities and religious bodies in national development.
The National Policy Summit is sponsored by UMB and Zoomlion.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked
- Name those you accuse – Dr. Akwetey tells 'undermined' Special Prosecutor
- Tiger fleeing floodwaters breaks into home, relaxes in bed
- Residents chase out police for bringing back alleged witches
- Video: Baako explains why police disobeyed court order on Afoko bail
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists