The Police say they have discovered the whereabouts of three girls kidnapped last year at Takoradi and are closer to bringing them home.
“We know where the girls are,” the Director-General of the Criminal Investigations Department, DCOP Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo-Danquah told reporters Tuesday.
She appealed to families of the victims to “keep on keeping on.” The families have been desperate for news of their daughters and their whereabouts since Priscilla Bentum was kidnapped in August 2018 – the first of the three kidnappings.
Two more girls were grabbed in December before the story grabbed nationwide attention. Joy News has launched a #bringbackourTaadigirls campaign.
A suspect in the case, a Nigerian named Samuel Udoetuk Wills was assaulted in and outside court the last time he appeared March 4, 2019.
Photo: Samuel Udoetuk Wills [R] needed police protection in court. But it was not enough to stop an assault on him.
The CID boss while confident of wrapping up the saga also urged patience assuring the public, “they are safe...very soon they will be brought back home”.
She declined to give details of their location, explaining “we don’t want to compromise their safety”.
But Rebecca Quayson, a sister to one of the victims cast doubt about the police’ assurances. “I don’t believe it”, she told JoyNews Midday.
She explained, her mother was on the phone with DCOP Tiwaa Addo-Danquah only yesterday. Rebecca Quayson said during the entire conversation, none of the disclosures at the press conference was relayed to the desperate woman.
She demanded to hear at least the voice of his sister as proof of progress otherwise they will just have to wait until they see their sister “face to face.”
Have your say
More News Headlines
- March to decriminalise marijuana gets EFL support
- Zongo chief takes on UEW Vice Chancellor over discord at university
- Over 98% of ABFA cash pumped into free SHS in 2018 – Report
- Why you will pay 18.1% more for water
- Multimedia Group's Richard Kwadwo Nyarko selected as Africa fact-checking fellow
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, June 25, 2019
- Aggressive seagulls keep couple hostage in their own home for six days
- Video: Meet Sarafina, the 16-year-old anti-child marriage campaigner
- Paris planning flying taxis by 2024
- NSMQ2019 one-eighth stage: Day 1 thrills as KSTS, Porters are sent packing
- Special Feature on 1V1D: Complaints by communities gov’t should not ignore
- Archbishop Porter Girls bundled out of NSMQ2019
- Anas exposes ‘pastor’ allegedly forcing orphan to eat own poop
- Hotline Documentary: Killing our roses (III) – The Aftermath
- NSMQ2019: Presec restores contest to factory setting after R1 loss