Of all the things that could go wrong at a funeral, this is probably up there among the worst.
A pallbearer stumbled and fell on top of the coffin as it was being lowered into the ground in front of mourners.
People wail in shock while others desperately try to prevent the woman’s corpse from falling out in the district of Pampas, Peru.
The coffin bearer appears to slip and lose his footing, tumbling into the plot and turning the coffin on its side.
As he clambers out, other people try to keep the lid on the coffin to prevent the woman’s body falling out any further, but the lid appears to be broken.
He managed to get out of the grave and the body was eventually interred correctly, allowing the funeral to continue as planned.
More News Headlines
- ‘We won’t take it!’ - Widespread teacher anger over ¢50 allowance
- 3 houses burnt down in renewed clashes in Savannah Region
- Video: Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme
- Communication Ministry responds to Myjoyonline report on 2017 expenses
- 2 'PDS' imposters arrested for forcefully disconnecting supply
- Journalists schooled on reporting on sensitive issues
- Ghana Grand conquers most difficult terrain
- Personality Profile: Prophet Kofi Oduro takes his turn
- Group calls for passage of Affirmative Action Bill
- We don’t oppose good education policies- Oppong Nkrumah
- Those who lost bank jobs have found new work- Deputy Employment Minister
- UNDP to use TICAD7 to advance sustainable development in Africa
- Former GJA president lauds Herbert Mensah, others for supporting journalism dev’t
- Hotel room rates in Accra ranked 2nd in Africa after Addis Ababa