Of all the things that could go wrong at a funeral, this is probably up there among the worst.
A pallbearer stumbled and fell on top of the coffin as it was being lowered into the ground in front of mourners.
People wail in shock while others desperately try to prevent the woman’s corpse from falling out in the district of Pampas, Peru.
The coffin bearer appears to slip and lose his footing, tumbling into the plot and turning the coffin on its side.
As he clambers out, other people try to keep the lid on the coffin to prevent the woman’s body falling out any further, but the lid appears to be broken.
He managed to get out of the grave and the body was eventually interred correctly, allowing the funeral to continue as planned.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kindergarten pupil dies after falling in septic tank
- Chinese suspect in banned Rosewood trade re-arrested
- Asantehene destools second chief in a week
- NSMQ2019: How St Ignatius used 'Problem of the Day' to kick out a seeded school
- Pepsodent supports SOS Children Village Founder’s Day
- March to decriminalise marijuana gets EFL support
- Zongo chief takes on UEW Vice Chancellor over discord at university
- Over 98% of ABFA cash pumped into free SHS in 2018 – Report
- Why you will pay 18.1% more for water
- Multimedia Group's Richard Kwadwo Nyarko selected as Africa fact-checking fellow
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, June 25, 2019
- Aggressive seagulls keep couple hostage in their own home for six days
- Video: Meet Sarafina, the 16-year-old anti-child marriage campaigner
- Paris planning flying taxis by 2024
- NSMQ2019 one-eighth stage: Day 1 thrills as KSTS, Porters are sent packing