Paris Saint-Germain confirmed on Tuesday that Neymar will not be fit to return in time to face Barcelona tomorrow in the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie.
The Brazilian missed out on a reunion with his former team in the first leg at the Camp Nou after picking up an adductor injury.
Neymar has returned to training but is still not quite ready to make his return. Moise Kean, who scored in the first leg, will also miss out.
Here’s PSG’s statement:
“Sergio Rico is not participating in training this morning for personal reasons.
“Neymar JR resumed partial training with the squad last week and will continue his individual recovery work. A new assessment will be made in the coming days.
“Juan Bernat continues his rehabilitation and his personal recovery.
“Moise Kean is still in isolation due to Covid-19.”
The French champions will still be big favorites to go through after claiming a 4-1 win in the first leg at Barcelona, leaving the Catalan giants in need of something special on Wednesday if they are to go through.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- Interest rates on falling spree; government T-bills oversubscribed by 40%
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- Avoid mass gatherings, restrict your movements to safe areas – Ghana’s Mission in SA to Ghanaians
- ECG recovers GHȼ18.5m out of ȼ46.9m from 3 state institutions
- The South African choir that performed for Queen Victoria
- Stop the arrogance, downsize your government – Fifi Kwetey tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s government suffering a complete collapse of credibility – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo’s government has been the luckiest in terms of resources, they have no excuse – Fifi Kwetey
- IMF lied about Covid-19, Ukraine war being cause of Ghana’s economic woes – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo still in campaign mode – Fifi Kwetey
- Reset your priorities – Sammy Gyamfi tells government
- Climate-smart agricultural practices should be linked to household food security – Climate expert
- Accra Visual Arts Week is back
- Let’s generate African data to empower our AI systems – Computer scientist
- Playback: One-on-one with Fifi Kwetey on PM Express
- I won’t let politics destroy our brotherhood – Fred Nuamah on fracas with John Dumelo
- IMF Executive Board approves US$3bn under new Extended Fund Facility arrangement for Sri Lanka
- 10 enthralling reasons to tune into Joy Prime channel
- Abolish Section 27 of CAP 127 which makes Islamic marriages invalid – Dwomoh