Nhyira FM’s Kofi Asante Ennin has been adjudged the overall best morning show host in the Ashanti Region, at the 2020 African Quality Awards.
The awards organised by Mcjoy Advertising, seeks to award individuals who made substantial contribution to the socio-economic development of the country.
His citation read. “McJoy Advertising honours you with this coveted African Quality Award as the overall Best Morning Show Host, Ashanti in recognition of your dexterity in displaying distinguished and a higher Journalist standards in the practice of journalism.”
Kofi Asante Ennin pledged to ensure accountability and professionalism in the media space as the elections approach.
“We’d ensure authorities are checked. We’ll ensure the needed accountability and professionalism will be demanded from people in positions of power,” he is optimistic.
Anti-corruption icon, Daniel Yaw Domelevo, was also awarded.
Other awardees include Headmistress of Methodist Girls’ Senior High School (MEGHISS), Mamfe, Ms. Sylvia Issabela Laryea, Oheneba Nana Asiedu of Fox FM and Sports Minister, Isaac Asiamah.
Executive Secretary, National Accreditation Board, Dr. Kingsley Nyarko, former IGP, David Asante-Apeatu, CEO Alpha Homeopathic Hospital, Dr Owureku Junior were also honoured.
Prof Joshua Alabi and Dr. Kwabena Duffuor were some of the dignitaries who were presented with awards.
Headmistress of MEGHISS, Ms Sylvia Issabela Laryea urged government to put in place needed mechanisms to help, particularly, girls to explore the benefits of the digital age.
“Let’s encourage the girls to google and let them go into all places of research. Let’s believe in them, they can do that,” she said.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Government increases cocoa price by 21% to ¢800 a bag
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- Cities and Habitats, Ecobank launch ‘Rent to Own Boafo) home ownership package
- A-G advises Interior Ministry to compensate Ejura shooting victims
- GEPA optimistic of achieving 2029 NTES revenue target of $25.3bn
- Two health institutions in UK award £10 million to fight non-communicable diseases in West Africa
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- Cardiovascular diseases on the rise in Ghana; access to healthcare still a challenge – Report
- Power supply was curtailed to Weija, adjourning communities due to flood – ECG
- Nigeria Plans 15% Increase in Borrowing to Fund Record Deficit
- Government running Ghana as “a satellite state of international capital” – Martin Amidu
- Playback: NDC holds presser on illegal mining
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Increase price of bag of cocoa to ¢1,500 or we smuggle it – Farmers
- 281 artisans pass out as certified electricians in Ashanti region
- Government records fiscal deficit of 6.4% as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train