Nigerians on social media have reacted to a viral video that shows veteran Nollywood actress, Eucharia Anunobi, preaching against drinking alcohol.
In the video, the actress could be heard saying drunkards “shall never enter the kingdom of God.”
According to Eucharia Anunobi, ”You will see alcohol, drink and want to finish it. When you damage your liver, next thing you will come and say we should raise funds for you.
”Meanwhile, you were the one that carried your hand to drink beer and alcohol.
”Drunkards, extortioners shall never enter the kingdom of God.”
She added, “When you are a drunkard, you cannot be in health because your spirit and your mind will be nervous. (Alcohol) will cause you to have high blood pressure.”
Though her words were accepted by many, some social media users, however, faulted her looks in the video.
One @official_kelechiawurum who dropped a comment on her Instagram page, said, “I’m scared of your looks really. I can’t follow your words with this looks, sorry to say this.
One Facebook user, Joshua Matthew, said, “Sorry Ma’am the issue is that you don’t just like alcohol period. From your picture, you are far away from salvation. I don’t see any element of being born again in you.”
On the same platform, Ekenedirichukwu Israel Nwachineke said, “Her message is true, but the messenger still looks like that Ogbanje woman wey act “Nneka the Pretty Serpent.”
John Nnaemeka Chukwunyere said, “Yeah… she’s making sense anyway but my problem is the hook on her earrings and necklace.”
Akinnibi Ayo said, “Thank God for her life but she needs to change completely. Her appearance is still of the world. Meanwhile, she has a point.”
According to Blessing NG, “If you like listen, if you don’t like don’t listen. She is making sense. Continue finding faults, thank God she is not naked, she covered herself.”
Bertha Dike said, “She’s saying something very true and meaningful but only the guilty ones will criticise her and make fun of her look/appearance instead.”
- Commuters stranded as commercial drivers embark on indefinite strike today
- Ashiaman ‘trotro’ drivers and their conductors turn bus station into football ground
- Photos: Commuters stranded as ‘trotro’ drivers strike to protest fuel prices
- Playback: Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta addresses nation
- Commercial Drivers Strike: Aayalolo deploys 110 buses to mitigate effect
- Government directs GOIL to reduce price of fuel after meeting with transport unions
- ‘What was he drinking or eating before he went into that studio?’ Dzifa Gomashie asks Energy Minister
- ‘I’ve written to the Speaker with modifications to the 2022 Budget’ – Ken Ofori-Atta
- No agreement reached with Minority Caucus on E-levy – Finance Minister
- Social media reacts to nationwide strike by commercial drivers
Today’s frontpages: Tuesday, December 7, 2021
British High Commissioner to Ghana visits Root of Change Project beneficiaries in N/R
Asantehene joins Awuah-Darko family to celebrate Juabenhene
ECG shuts down Yilo Krobo office over threats against staff, property
Jackie Appiah celebrates birthday with residents of Kogni
Invest in research into Covid-19 treatment – Policymakers urged
Isaac Kofi Agyei: What will happen to price of fuel if government decides to listen to 16 driver unions?
Servaco PPS partners Captain One Golf Society for Charity Championship
Stunning Gray strike in injury time earns Everton comeback win against Arsenal
Ladystrikers’ head coach unhappy with officiating in Super Cup final
Two humiliating defeats for Hearts in Africa but where do they go from here?
Government commits to review taxes on fuel in Mid-year Budget after drivers’ strike – Abbas Imoro
Zongo Development Fund CEO honoured at 2021 Ghana Leadership Awards
GOIL expected to reduce fuel prices by ¢0.15 effective today – Kennedy Osei Nyarko
The Multimedia Group honored by Education Ministry, NTC for sponsoring Ghana Teacher Prize 2021