Audio By Carbonatix
Minister for Defence, Dominic Nitiwul says reports that enlistments into the Ghana Armed Forces have been compromised are untrue.
According to him, personnel considered for the Force pass through a rigorous application process devoid of political interferences.
“The processes that Armed Forces go through, it does not lend itself to protocol allocation so I can confirm that the Members of Parliament are not giving protocol allocation," he said.
The Minority has claimed recruitments are being done into the military without public advertisements as was previously done.
Mr. Nitiwul told Parliament on Thursday claims politicians are secretly getting people into the service are not accurate.
He argued that "the practices and conventions have been regional balance."
"The original 10% which is in the regulation for women to 15 % under the current dispensation, under the current government have moved to 15%. So it’s essentially regional balance, not constituency level.”
Latest Stories
-
96% of Ghanaian pensioners willing to work beyond retirement age – Study
1 minute -
Ghana gets nuclear power plant simulator
7 minutes -
GMTF, Atlantic Lifesciences explore local production of cancer and heart medicines
12 minutes -
GHS medical-legal claims hit GH¢400m in three years
18 minutes -
Mahama cautions Ghanaians not to take religious freedom for granted
34 minutes -
We need development pathway, not selection exercise – Sports Minister urges football stakeholders
41 minutes -
Government prioritises foundational learning to improve education outcomes
47 minutes -
Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire deepen maritime security cooperation through joint boundary inspection
53 minutes -
Three-hour rainfall exposes poor drainage system in Kadjebi
59 minutes -
Ghana, China push AI innovation in healthcare
1 hour -
Give young people skills and the systems to create jobs
1 hour -
Food inflation never responded – Dr Yamson says Ghana must stop throwing money at short-term fixes
2 hours -
Oil set for second weekly rise as unsettled US-Iran war crimps supply
2 hours -
US teen drops lawsuit against Meta, Google and Snap ahead of trial
2 hours -
Meghan could return to acting once back in UK
2 hours