Integrated marketing communications company, Global Media Alliance, has launched the 7th edition of Ghana Beverage Awards (GBA) 2022 in Accra.
This opens the nominations for the Awards from January 13 to February 26, of this year.
Held at the Silverbird Cinemas, the launch brought together patrons, stakeholders and relevant players in the Ghanaian beverage industry.
Over the years, the awards scheme in accordance with its theme ‘Inspiring Excellence in Ghana’s Beverage Industry,” has contributed significantly to spotlighting compelling beverage brands within the local beverage industry.
In addition, it has contributed greatly to the advancement of knowledge and the adoption of modern technology amongst industry players by ensuring that they continually equip themselves with knowledge of the latest beverage production trends while complying with the highest standards of production.
Birthed on the back of the See Ghana, Eat Ghana, Wear Ghana & Drink Ghana Campaign, the Scheme has over the years not only supported the efforts of government in promoting the local beverage industry but has gradually gained traction among relevant stakeholders and has grown to become the reference point for identifying beverage companies who are in touch with the ever-changing needs of consumers.
Speaking at the launch, Chief Executive Officer for Global Media Alliance, Ernest Boateng lauded players in the beverage industry for their contribution to the growth of the nation’s economy.
“For many years, our beverage industry has played a significant role in contributing to the overall development of the Ghanaian economy. Additionally, beverages have been a source of joy during festivities held in Ghana, especially during the December period when most concerts and events were held.
“It is thus imperative that we recognize and reward the hard work in the industry through avenues such as the Ghana Beverage Awards. We hope the recognition will continue to spur players in the industry to exude more excellence,” Mr Boateng stated.
He further encouraged the public and beverage industry players actively contribute to celebrating excellence in the industry by partaking actively in the nominations.
As part of efforts to build excitement ahead of the awards night, Global Media Alliance will organize the first-ever Beverage Industry Forum on the theme “Strengthening the Presence of the Ghanaian Beverage Industry on the Global Market.”
This event will provide the opportunity for thought-provoking conversations on relevant issues geared toward the growth and advancement of the Ghanaian beverage industry.
Conversations at the forum would evolve around the themes of local certification and global standardisation, consumer influence, and market dynamics, leveraging opportunities presented by the African Continental Free Trade Area to ensure maximum success on international markets, among others.
GBA 2022 would also feature two new categories – the Beverage Campaign of the Year and the Indigenous Beverage Brand of the Year – to honour deserving beverage companies for their innovation and creativity in the crafting of unique marketing campaigns which have influenced consumer behaviour significantly and to highlight the transformation which our indigenous beverages have undergone.
GBA is proudly supported by the Food and Beverage Association of Ghana (FABAG), Consumer Protection Agency (CPA), Food Research Institute (FRI) under CSIR, Silverbird Cinemas, Perception Management International (PMI), Ministry of Trade and Industry, Ministry of Tourism, Arts & Culture and the Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA).
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- Playback: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- Government makes additional payment for outstanding coupons
- I am not ready to die – Bagbin says as he calls for adjournment of prolonged sitting
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG
- Paul Rusesabagina: Hotel Rwanda hero set free
- I am disappointed with NDC MP’s betrayal to pass 6 NPP ministers – Mahama
- NDC Parliamentary primaries: 3 incumbent MPs go unopposed in Northern region
- GAEC launches ‘Cassava Week’ celebration
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses EC’s 3 new members’ swearing-in, presidency galamsey allegations and true state of the nation
- Chris Hughton told me Baba Yara pitch is one of the best he’s seen – NSA Boss
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Black Meteors held to 1-1 draw in Algeria
- Apostle Cephas Quarshie welcomes US Vice President Kamala Harris to Ghana
- Principal fired after Florida students shown Michelangelo statue
- Vatican returns Parthenon sculptures to Greece
- Chad nationalises assets belonging to Exxon Mobile
- NPP Bono Regional Organizer supports TESCON with 200k
- Mbappe scores in France heavy win over Netherlands
- This woman left her AirPods on a plane. She tracked them to an airport worker’s home
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG