The Ghana Health Service in the Northern Region has received 24,960 vaccines of AstraZeneca to vaccinate eligible persons.
The Service has also received 9,240 doses of Moderna vaccines. The vaccines, which were received last Friday have been distributed to the various centres for the continuation of the vaccination exercise in the Region.
The Northern Region currently has 24 active cases with one in critical condition and currently on admission at the Tamale Teaching Hospital.
The Region also has a total case count of 1,755 since the first case was discovered with the break down as 569 in 2020 and 1,186 as at end of October.
The recoveries are 1,700 with 555 in 2020 and 1,145 in October 2021, while total death recorded stands at 31 with 14 deaths recorded in 2020 and 17 in 2021.
There have been total disregard for the Covid-19 protocols in the region since the beginning of the Covid-19 vaccination. Veronica buckets which were stationed at the various markets, institutions and schools are not seen any longer. Markings created to ensure social distancing between market women at the markets are now non-existent.
The strict adherence to the wearing of facemask which was implemented by several government departments and agencies has ceased.
Some residents who spoke to JoyNews said they haven’t taken the Covid-19 vaccines. They stated that they believe they are hundred percent protected and therefore do not need to wear the mask nor observe the protocols.
Commenting on the total disregard for the Covid-19 protocols, Deputy Director of Public Health Dr. Hilarious Abewu said unless the law enforcement agencies do what is required, not much can be attained.
He said even though they continue to educate the public on Covid-19, most people do not feel Covid-19 is still an issue currently.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Shadrach Arloo: Pathologist labels asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- Akufo-Addo donates cash, food items towards funeral of late Yagbonwura
- 60% of doctors are in Accra and Kumasi – Health Ministry
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co