The National Sports Authority (NSA) has withdrawn the new charges it introduced for the use of the Accra Sports Stadium.

The charges have been withdrawn, barely 24 hours after an announcement was made.

In a statement signed by Director-General, Prof. Peter Twumasi, the NSA said the “charges of the usage of the Accra Sports Stadium has been withdrawn following further consultation with the Sector Minister [Isaac Asiamah] and also taking into consideration some concerns raised by the affected clubs.”

Kotoko and Hearts, who will be using the facility for the upcoming season, were the worst affected clubs.

The earlier statement had said matches between Hearts and Kotoko would have been under category A, and matches involving these two clubs against any other opposition were grouped under category B, with the home team to have been charged GH¢20,000 per match.

Other clubs such as Inter Allies, Legon Cities and Great Olympics and other Division One Clubs that will be using the venue had been categorised at C and were to pay GH¢15,000 for the venue.

The Ghana Premier League will commence on November 13.