The Old-Tafo Municipal Assembly is constructing a police station and a court to improve security and ensure efficient justice delivery for the people in the Municipality.
The two projects, with funding from the District Assemblies Common Fund (DACF), are expected to bring justice and security closer to the people when completed within six months.
The Municipal Chief Executive (MCE), Fred Obeng Owusu who disclosed this in an interview, said the Assembly was prioritising the two projects as they were critical to the socio-economic development of the people.
He said the safety of the people could not be undermined in the overall objective of the Assembly to build a resilient local economy to improve lives.
“It is important to create a safer environment to promote business activities to enable the Assembly to collect the needed taxes to prosecute its development agenda for the benefit of the larger society,” the MCE said.
He said if measures were not put in place to check petty crimes in the Municipality, it could be inimical to the growth of businesses, which would eventually affect the revenue mobilisation drive of the Assembly.
Mr Owusu said the existing Tafo Police Station was currently operating in a private property and the landlord had served them notice to vacate, hence the need for the Assembly to race against time to save the situation.
The new station, he said, would not only provide a permanent facility for personnel but also ensure effective policing as a result of the conducive environment that would be created.
Mr Owusu said it was unacceptable for the Police to prosecute criminal cases of the Municipality at the Ejisu and Mamponteng courts and assured the people of the Assembly’s commitment to improving security to enable them to go about their daily activities in a safer environment.
Related to this story
- SSNIT $66 million OBS Contract: Court orders state to file amended charge sheet by October 19
- Top military official dragged to court over alleged contempt
- Takoradi woman to appear in court for allegedly faking pregnancy and kidnapping
- Some Achimota alumni could be behind decision to appeal case – Rastafarian student’s father
- Police apologises for attack on media at Rev Owusu Bempah trial
- 21-year-old remanded for allegedly raping girl at prayer camp
- Apple’s $100m settlement agreement changes a key App Store rule for developers
- Court rules for Akwerh Family in Hwakpo land saga
- Kasoa Murder: Revelation of pregnant woman’s murder shocked me – Lawyer of suspects
- Court slaps UTAG with ¢3000 cost over NLC injunction case
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- Visa refusal for MPs supporting anti-LGBTQ+ Bill should prompt them to develop the country – Adusei Poku
- You are responsible for what you do with your feelings – Apostolic President tells LGBT community
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- NDC must pass Vote of No Confidence on Mahama – Atta Akyea on 1 million secret ballots claim
- NDC Caucus begin audit of MPs refused visa to establish whether it is linked to anti-LGBTQ+
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- Funny Face threatens to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- Cape Coast Metropolitan assembly members blame EC for chaotic MCE confirmation
‘You lied to Ghanaians about fuels prices’ – NDC tells Akufo-Addo
Coming up: PM Express discusses Komenda Sugar factory and the role of politics
Women are more susceptible to mental illness due to biological makeup – Psychiatrist
Consider our students when posting teachers – Principal of Jackson College urges government
Vodafone’s Ashiokai Akrong is ‘HR Practitioner of the Year’
Personnel of K-9 unit of Ghana Police Service deployed across Accra
Barber jailed for abduction and defilement
Akufo-Addo commissions engineering workshop at Cape Coast Technical University
Develop daily routines for your children – counsellor
NBA Vaccination Saga: Is Kyrie Irving being selfish?
Milovan Rajevac reveals desire to give opportunity to home-based players
Huawei partners with Communications Ministry to train 20,000 SHS students in Cybersecurity
Fatawu Issahaku earned his place with performances in the U-20 team – Milovan Rajevac
Vodafone’s Ashiokai Akrong is ‘HR Practitioner of the Year’, Newmont Ghana crowned ‘Best Organisation in HR Practice’
The old generation was very strong though this generation has some talent – Milovan Rajevac