Driver of a KIA vehicle has been reported dead with two others in critical condition as two vehicles collided head-on at Jinijini in the Bono Region.
A Kia vehicle with car registration number AS 4682-12 is said to have crashed into a Bishop Owusu Girls School Complex school bus with registration number GR 4274- D on Monday afternoon after losing control.
Reports indicate that the driver of the KIA truck died on the spot while two persons who were also in the truck sustained severe injuries and were rushed to Berekum Holy Family Hospital for treatment.
An eyewitnesses who spoke with AdomNews Bono Regional Correspondent, Dominic Donyina narrated that the KIA truck run into the school bus as it was dropping students off at their respective homes after school.
“I was sitting just here when the school bus was alighting the children. The next thing I saw was the KIA truck run into the school bus so I got up. There was no one in both vehicles who was not hurt.
“Both the KIA driver and two others in the truck were hurt. The ambulance came to take the driver. He has died. We went to carry sand and poured it on the blood that was spilt as a result of the accident. The Kia driver lost control and his tyre got burst in the event. There was nothing the school bus driver could have done. He did all he could. If God doesn’t come into the matter, I have a feeling the two people sitting in the KIA truck will pass away,” he said.
According to reports, two out of four persons in the KIA vehicle managed to escape unhurt.
The driver of the school bus, popularly known as Uncle Yaw according to him, did all he could to prevent the incident but was unsuccessful.
“I was taking the students home after school had closed. When I got to Jinijini, I stopped the bus for some of the students to alight. So the students were assisted by one of the teachers. The teacher later got to the bus and we set off. A few meters ahead, I saw the Kia truck heading in our direction. I tried to evade any crash although there were potholes but all the efforts I made were unsuccessful and the KIA vehicle crashed into the school bus. The bus then entered a drain.
“As a result of the crash, the glasses behind the bus shattered and fell on some of the students. Because the glasses fell on the students, I knew they would get hurt so we made all of them get out of the bus and they started crying. We tried to get them to be calm and then took then to Jinijini clinic,” he narrated.
Uncle Yaw indicated that he visited the Berekum Holy Family Hospital after the incident and was informed of the death of the Kia truck driver and two others receiving treatment who were in the company of the Kia driver during the incident.
Also, some students who sustained minor injuries were rushed to Jinijini Health Centre for treatment but following their stable conditions, they have been discharged and sent home.
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback