A 31-year-old man, Quashie Edem has been shot dead while six others sustained cutlass and gunshot injuries in a land dispute at Gomoa Akraman in the Gomoa East District.
Three of the injured are from Gomoa Akraman while the three others are from Awutu Bereku.
The faction from Bereku were said to be grading a parcel of land when the group from Akraman stormed the site claiming ownership of the land.
One of the victims from Gomoa Akraman said they had gone there to halt any developmental activity by the faction from Awutu Bereku.
Alhaji Dawood, a member of the Bereku faction speaking to the media, debunked the claims that the land was not for the people of Awutu Bereku.
He said they were grading their own land when the Akraman faction attacked them, shot one of them and injured three others.
The Central East Regional Police Command had, however, arrested four persons who are assisting with investigations while the dead body had been deposited at the Police hospital morgue for preservation.
The victims are receiving treatment at the Winneba Trauma and Specialist Hospital and Akraman CHPS Compound.
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- Officials of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall picked up for tax violations
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- South Africa calls on MTN, Ghana to resolve $773m tax dispute
- UK economy only G7 nation to shrink in 2023 – IMF
- Nigeria cost-of-living crisis sparks exodus of doctors
- Internal report on CSSPS related corruption ready – Kwasi Kwarteng
- We need to find out if investigation on CSSPS was concluded – Dr. Anti
- We were denied CSSPS data to check public basic schools placement quota – Eduwatch
- GRA taskforce arrests five shopping malls managers for tax infractions
- Ghana free from sleeping sickness
- Forestry Commission demobilises excavator in Atewa Forest
- Emmanuel Owusu: Proposals to operationalise Ghana Financial Stability Fund (GFSF)
- Minority reshuffle: We didn’t consult Caucus for good reasons – Asiedu Nketia
- Chelsea transfer news: Blues bid £105.6m for Enzo Fernandez
- Mr Eazi featured in new star-studded #Boss Campaign
- I Am Investible launches project to create 20k jobs
- Finance Minister’s assurance on DDE welcoming – Individual Bondholders Forum Convenor