I broke the fine mahogany table of hegemony,
the guillotine is shining and set for the ceremony.
Putsch forth for our mutual rise,
the flag must soar above Moorish heights.
Sling the throat of the traitors that sing our anthem,
pierce a sword through their conscience,
colour palettes birthed by blood, sweat and tears.
Clothed by the celestial apparel of our patriotic vest,
donned in wars by our ancestors first,
bound by the oath of honour to do our best.
You may now summon the sommelier,
and the sous chef for éclair,
after which we shall stir up our soup d’état.
To see and flood the shore with triumph,
The Promise Land.
Have your say
More Opinion Headlines
- This was noblest African of them all - Celebrating treasures of J.H. Kwabena Nketia
- Words that never die: Remember your creator in the days of your youth
- What if Cape Coast was without a castle: self portrait of a town that has gone 'bonkers'?
- Dear Kweku Baako: COP Maame Tiwaah did not goof
- The Ghanaian problem is a character problem!
- The Ghanaian problem is a character problem
- A musical feud carried too far
- Dufie Boakye writes...The missing pact of modern music
- The ultimate turn at VGMA 2019- A throne with a crown but not a king
- Mother's Day with a broken woman at centre of tragedy
- Lydia Alhassan's 100 days as MP; so far, so very good
- Dear Kweku Baako, CID boss did not goof
- COP Maame Tiwaa, we are no longer at ease
- Using tradition to achieve national goals: Homowo and noise making
- 20 years of Music Awards- A journey well lived?