Total staff strength of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) in 2021 stood at 790,870.
This is against the establishment ceiling of 839,561.
According to the 2021 Annual Budget Performance Report, there were 48,691 vacancies within the MDAs, representing 5.8% of the ceiling, for the period under consideration.
Also, total financial clearance of 72,825 was granted to the various MDAs during the year with the social sector recording the highest of 50,865 or 69.8% and Infrastructure recording the least of 469 or 0.6%.
The Ministries of Education, Health and National Commission for Civic Education of the social sector recorded the higher staff strength levels than what was given them.
Again, some MDAs across the other sectors recorded significant increase in the staff strength levels for the period.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- Kwesi Yankah: Dear Ace Ankomah, the Birim River is gone
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Somalia drought: So weak from hunger she couldn’t bury her child
- Journalists urged to build regional cooperation in the fight against human trafficking
- Akufo-Addo won’t declare a state of emergency -Dr. Norman
- Our leaders are either complicit or incompetent – Ken Ashigbey on galamsey
- Agenda 111 is making up for a 60year gap in access to healthcare facilities across Ghana – Bawumia
- I’m not expecting much from Hearts of Oak in Africa because of inconsistency – Amankwa Mireku
- We’re long past the state of emergency – Kofi Bentil on galamsey
- Elon Musk Twitter deal back on in surprise U-turn
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- I’m a record-breaker, but they hate to project it – Zahara says of critics
- I am grateful to Asantehene and other chiefs for protecting Dr. Bawumia – Nayiri
- Nigerian child killed in ‘bullet-proof’ charm test
- 95% of human trafficking survivors in shelter homes are Nigerians – Gender Ministry
- From the streets to Mandela’s feet – Zahara tells her story
- Small Scale Miners unhappy with Lands Ministry handling of Wontumi’s mining firm