The Public Interest and Accountability Committee (PIAC), the statutory body with oversight responsibility of the management and use of petroleum revenues, has engaged the annual heads of churches conference of the Ghana Pentecostal and Charismatic Council (GPCC).
The Committee presented highlights of the 2021 PIAC Annual Report to the conference.
The presentation covered PIAC membership and mandate, oil and gas production, petroleum revenue accrued, and its utilisation in 2021.
It also touched on the key findings and recommendations in the Report.
The Ghana Pentecostal and Charismatic Council, together with the Christian Council of Ghana and the National Catholic Secretariat form the Christian Groups, which is one of the member-institutions of PIAC, were present.
The council expressed gratitude to PIAC for the presentation and urged it to increase its engagement with the general public so they get more informed about petroleum revenue management in Ghana.
Rev Dr Christopher Kwame Sokpor, PIAC member representing the Christian Groups, expressed gratitude to the leadership of the GPCC for giving PIAC the opportunity for the engagement.
He was optimistic that more of such engagements will take place in future to help increase accountability to members of the GPCC.
- Ofori-Atta has learnt a bitter lesson – Bagbin on calls for Minister’s head
- Ghana’s Cardinal Richard Baawobr dies in Rome at 63
- Ghana v South Korea: ‘Hunger’ amongst players making it difficult for me to make decisions – Otto Addo
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses Oslo chancery building case against Ghana
- Social media reacts to Black Stars line-up against South Korea
- We have enough gold to exchange for oil – Deputy Energy Minister
- Playback: The Probe discuss Ghana’s gold-for-oil barter
- Gunmen stop sermon and rob churchgoers in South Africa
- Today’s front pages: Monday, November 28, 2022
- We can’t live in a world where dogs eat children
- betPawa host inclusive media roundtable event to discuss future initiatives and ways to elevate GPL
- NRSA to deploy undercover operatives to check road safety compliance
- NLC to meet leaders of striking public universities workers unions
- Having a database of farmers is long overdue – Dr Nyaaba
- Gideon Mensah stars in debut World Cup game for Black Stars
- From Eric’s Diary: How my favourite ‘Di asa’ show won the Akan TV Programme of the Year
- Alex Osei-Kojo: Time for political change in Ghana
- 2022 World Cup: Mohammed Kudus inspires Black Stars to beat South Korea
- Access to Medicine Index ranks top pharmaceuticals globally
- Plans to secure gold for oil to be realised in March 2023
- Gbi Traditional Area installs Togbega Gabusu VII
- Mr Drew rocks Mallam-Gbawe at Seleey Concert ‘22
- ‘Nana Agradaa’ shares testimony after arrest
- Ghanaian Teacher wins Instill Education competition
- Police arrest 7 gunmen who stormed hospital in attempt to kill teen