The Pan African Business Forum has called on the French president, Emmanuel Macron, to lead the mediation for a peace deal between the warring factions in the ongoing Sudan conflict.
Khartoum and some other parts of the Sudan have witnessed heavy bombardment following an armed conflict between Sudan’s national army led by Army chief, Abdel Fattah al-Burhanand, the paramilitary group, RSF (Rapid Support Forces) led by General Mohamed ‘’Hemedti’’ Hamdan Dagalo, that has devastated and destabilized Sudan.
There are concerns the conflict could adversely affect neighbouring countries including Egypt and Ethiopia and further destabilize the Horn of Africa.
In a letter to the French President, the PABF called on Macron to give the utmost priority to the Sudan conflict and the need for a ceasefire in the shortest possible time.
“The PABF would like to seize this opportunity to make a plea to Your Excellency in your capacity as President of France to lead the mediation for a peace/truce and conflict resolution meeting in Paris, France and call for the two warring Sudanese parties i.e. the Sudan’s National Army and the paramilitary group, RSF (Rapid Support Forces) as well as representatives of Sudan’s civil societies for an urgent Truce/Peace and Conflict Resolution meeting in Paris, France within seven (7) days,” the PABF stated.
It added that, “The purpose of the meeting/summit will be primarily to bring all parties to agree to a cease fire with a view to finding a lasting and peaceful solution to the current Sudan armed conflict. The proposed Truce/Peace meeting will be done in collaboration with the African Union (AU), the USA, the European Union (EU), the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and the Arab Republic of Egypt.”
According to the PABF, Macron’s intervention in the Sudan crisis will solidify his position as “the champion of democracy and peace not only in Africa but in the rest of the world.”
“In addition, this is a unique opportunity for Your Excellency to leave a legacy of accomplishing the renewal of peace and democracy globally,” it stated.
- UK-based Coach Hene Sports Club set to reach partnership agreement with GES
- Ghana to earn $6.6bn annually from lithium when mining starts in 2026
- Kim Kardashian unveils Usher as the 2024 Super Bowl halftime show headliner
- If you can do these 4 things together, your relationship is going to last
- 5 reasons to stop searching for your soulmate and what to do instead
- Arthur Kobina Kennedy: The people’s movement on the street
- Ghana to leverage on funerals to boost local tourism – Tourism Minister
- Tory Lanez ‘scared for his life’ in prison after Megan Thee Stallion shooting
- Samples from ‘most dangerous known rock in the Solar System’ brought to Earth
- 5 hard-to-talk-about things I wish I knew before agreeing to an open relationship
- NPP National Youth Wing commends government development efforts amid demonstration
- Writers Guild, studios reach tentative deal, potentially ending monthslong strike that ground Hollywood to a halt
- Russian man imprisoned 22 years ago escapes on the day of his release
- 8 people describe the exact moment they knew they found someone worth the risk
- Bankye ampesi reduces risk of colon cancer