The legislative arm of government is to commence its first meeting of the fourth session on Tuesday, January 28, 2020.
In a statement issued Monday, January 27, the Director of Public Affairs of the House, Kate Addo, said the meetings which are expected to last for nine weeks will have members deliberate on 20 bills and a number of motions and referrals.
“The key among the activities is an address on the State of the Nation to be delivered by President Nana Akufo-Addo during the meeting,” the statement indicated.
Read full press release:
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- Cedi registers unprecedented weekly decline in trading as dollar demand surges
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- DVLA to increase charges effective October 3
- Blunt thoughts: Shady contracts, a broken economy and Akufo-Addo being booed – Writings on the Wall?
- Take risk; do not be afraid to fail – Kofi Amoabeng to youth
- ‘Everything was working well for me in 2010’ – Asamoah Gyan on best year of his career
- Eddie Cudjoe: Optimising electricity use for business profitability
- In pictures: Tears flow as murdered nurse applicant’s body arrives in her hometown
- First trailer for Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial movie ‘Hot Take’ Drops
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Illegal mining, lack of fertilisers risk undercutting 2022/2023 cocoa yields in Ghana – Redd Intelligence
- Increase Producer Price of cocoa to ¢838 to alleviate farmers plight – GCCP
- Shut door on Ghanaians having Ghana card but yet to re-register SIM card – Communications Ministry urged
- Meghan Markle wanted to live in Windsor Castle and be seen as a princess, royal expert claims
- Nespresso premieres new boutique concept in Accra at Marina Mall
- GRA to sanction staff and officers complicit in smuggling at borders
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects