Schools in Ghana have reopened after 10 months of being closed down due to the pandemic.
Earlier this month, President Akufo-Addo announced that all students from kindergarten to Junior High School will return to school on January 15.
The announcement has been welcomed by operators of educational institutions especially from the private schools who have been out of business this entire period.
The reopening of schools has come at a time when there’s an upsurge of Covid-19 case in the country. This has caused some concern among parents and guardians across the country.
A visit to some of the schools yesterday revealed a disturbing situation in which some children were not wearing nose mask while social distancing was not observed.
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- UTAG, 3 other university labour unions threaten to go on strike on October 5
- GFA suspends AshantiGold SC for dealing with banned club president and son
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- GTA boss names agency in copyright feud with Kirani Ayat, reveals how footage was obtained
- Ghana will transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy by 2070 – Bawumia
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Homeowners and businesses urged to invest in security
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- Agenda 111: 8 hospitals in Northern Region to be completed by December 2023 – Regional Minister
- Tafo Pankrono BECE candidates get free tuition ahead of final examination
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining site in Samreboi
- Judges call on Finance Ministry to fast-track payment of their outstanding allowances
- Banks still safest place to keep funds and invest despite economic challenges – Alhassan Andani
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- World Heart Day: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure
- Global Citizen Festival campaign culminates in $2.4b to end extreme poverty
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- World Heart Day: A look at Vodafone Ghana’s contributions to cardiac wellness
- Ghana elected Chair of the Commonwealth ITU Group
- 19 die after drinking toxic alcohol