Over 771 Ghanaians according to statistics from the Ghana Police Service have lost their lives to road accidents over the past three months.
The deaths recorded on Ghana’s roads are said to exceed lives lost to the deadly Covid-19 pandemic that stands at 763 as of April 10, 2021.
In view of this, JoyNews’ Seth Kwame Boateng in a hotline documentary “CRUSHED” revealed to the world how the menace has destroyed the lives and livelihoods of many – leaving persons amputated and paralysed.
Today on Newsfile, host Samson Lardy Anyenini and his panelists elaborated on the flaws of relevant stakeholders in the transport sector and the way forward to curb road carnage.
Also, the discussions dived into many years of constant battle against illegal mining activities, popularly referred to as “galamsey.”
Matters discussed were guided by a just-ended three-day national consultative forum held by the government as part of measures to eradicate illegal mining activities.
Finally, more details were given on how persons in the country can acquire and secure land in accordance with Act 1036 of the 1992 Constitution.
- #FixTheCountry: How an IGP meet-up turned into a ‘Cabinet Meeting’, without the IGP – Convenor reveals
- Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
- National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Barker-Vormawor alleges
- #FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
- We tried to have children for about 10 years – Ebo Whyte’s wife recounts
- Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
- I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
- Vehicle towing cost to be borne by insurance industry – NIC Commissioner
- It’ll take time for government to get economy back on track – Kojo Oppong Nkrumah
- Benjamin Azamati qualifies for Tokyo Olympics 200m event
Mother’s Day: Your hard work will never go unrewarded – Lordina Mahama
AU Heads of States direct AfCFTA negotiations to be concluded by June
Electoral Commission has no beef with NDC – Bossman Asare
Joe Ligon: America’s ‘longest juvenile lifer’ on 68 years in prison
Gunmen kill seven police officers in Nigeria
China rocket debris ‘disintegrates over Indian Ocean’
Playback: Church service with Pastor Mensa Otabil
Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez v Billy Joe Saunders: Mexican wins with eighth-round stoppage
Benjamin Azamati qualifies for Tokyo Olympics 200m event
Ghana recorded 10,684 newborn jaundice cases in 2020
Takoradi Technical University establishes Cyber-security Centre
Covid-19 remains a threat to national security – Interior Minister
Armed robber nabbed in Tema
Driver arrested for robbery at Gindabor, 5 others on the run in Savannah Region
We tried to have children for about 10 years – Ebo Whyte’s wife recounts